Robert Bradford Huntington

Discuss genealogy and family history here.
John

Robert Bradford Huntington

Post by John »

207698_10151391362361042_893503324_n.jpg
I'd like to have a repository on the website of photographs of my brother, Robert.
Should it be here, or on the "pictures" page, or on the "genealogy" page? All three?
"Music's golden tongue flatter'd to tears this aged man and poor."
Ian
Site Admin

Re: Robert Bradford Huntington

Post by Ian »

i can copy photos posted here to the genealogy site, if you like.
so let it be written... so let it be done.
John

Post by John »

Thank you. I would like.
"Music's golden tongue flatter'd to tears this aged man and poor."
Lily

Post by Lily »

Some of you may have heard that while Dad was out here for Henry's burial, he made a connection with a friend of ours, Mark Cannon, in our ward (Pleasant View 3rd) who served with Uncle Robert in Singapore before they were deported (!) and Robert went to Thailand, while Mark went to Taiwan. They were not companions, but lived in the same apartment of 6 elders, and Mark speaks very highly of his interaction with Robert as a missionary. Mark was also a prolific photographer. HERE is a link to all the pictures he had with Robert in them, and I also have several other photos just of Singapore, where they served together. In the third picture, Mark is the missionary on the right with the red tie. The white building where the missionaries are gathered in pictures 9 and 10 was their meetinghouse; it was up on stilts because of the frequent flooding in the area. Let me know if you have a hard time accessing the photos...enjoy!
Tuly

Post by Tuly »

These are great - thanks Lily and thank Brother Cannon for us. I noticed missionaries did not wear name tags at that time. I wonder when missionary name tags appeared on the missionary scene?
"Condemn me not because of mine imperfection,... but rather give thanks unto God that he hath made manifest unto you our imperfections, that ye may learn to be more wise than we have been." Mormon 9:31
Ian
Site Admin

Post by Ian »

thanks lily, the photos have been added to his page here.
so let it be written... so let it be done.