Wuzzy Farm

Discuss genealogy and family history here.
Huntington Tracy

Post by Huntington Tracy »

I think it was for my birthday that Grandma Grace gave me a shell collection--something she had bought somewhere. The shells were fairly small and all glued to a piece of cardboard, which meant you couldn't really hold them or play with them, but did mean that they could be labeled with printed captions. I wasn't terribly interested in it at the time, but it was the sort of a gift that she had obviously put a lot of thought into, which made it seem somehow significant.
Tuly

Post by Tuly »

I have warm memories of how Grandpa Roy treated Ian with such loving care, when Ian was just an infant, he would call him, "my little tyke", that's the first time i heard that word used that way. :)
"Condemn me not because of mine imperfection,... but rather give thanks unto God that he hath made manifest unto you our imperfections, that ye may learn to be more wise than we have been." Mormon 9:31
Edward

Post by Edward »

I remember Grandpa would have us sit on his lap while he just talked about things he liked to do, like how to catch and prepare a fish. I never went fishing with him, but I have had his catfish, and it was the best fish I've ever had--yes, even better than Dad's salmon (sorry pa!). He sang some cool songs to. Most of my memories are gleaned off of his visit to our place when I was about 6, but I remember it really well. He talked a lot about Washington too--he made it sound like the coolest place ever to go have adventures in the forest and look for animals--boy he sure knew his audience!

By the way Mom, how did you hear that word used before? :rofl:
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us"
:gandalf2:
Tuly

Post by Tuly »

I heard the word tyke in reference to a bike. :?
"Condemn me not because of mine imperfection,... but rather give thanks unto God that he hath made manifest unto you our imperfections, that ye may learn to be more wise than we have been." Mormon 9:31
Ian
Site Admin

Post by Ian »

tyke is spanish for bike.
so let it be written... so let it be done.
Lili

Post by Lili »

We would go visit grandpa's house in the summers fairly regularly (every few years). Some days we would go on long outings places, but other days at grandpa's house were sometimes really long and boring...I remember going inside, outside, inside, outside...I suppose it was a good kind of boring, though. Seeing as now I'm thinking back with fond memories. But you know how the days at old people's houses can seem slow-paced. I would pick free tomatoes from grandpa's hothouse, and raspberries from the garden. YUM. And I would watch the squirrels steal grandpa's nuts from his trees. I found a fuzzy caterpillar, and that was fairly exciting. I think I kept him in a jar until it was time to go home to Utah. I also loved crossing the street to pick and eat free blackberries to my heart's content. I remember discovering that I could pick them, drop them on the ground...and JUMP. I had lovely purple splatter stains on that pair of tennis shoes from then on--always there to remind me of summers at grandpa's.
"I feel strongly that the visual arts are of vast importance. Of course, I could be prejudiced. I am a visual art!"
-Kermit the Frog
Cousin Alex Hall

Post by Cousin Alex Hall »

Picking wild berries accross the street. And from the backyard. And strawberries from the backyard. All very yummy (esp. the wild berries). This may sound weird, but there was something special to me about that basement. Just a funky basement (best word I can find to describe it), and.. with a good spirit to it (again best words I can find). Same with the trailer in the back yard I slept in one summer in my teenage years and became very impressed by the book of 3rd Nephi.
You refer to the prophecy of the pastry that will bring Balance to the Force. And you believe it's this.. Donut?
Our possibly neglected blog - My blog of probably mostly my art
Aunt Betsy

Post by Aunt Betsy »

I have been thinking about the first time I met Tuly, when John brought her to my house in Palo Alto (but which house? was it the one with the (shudder) green, orange, gold, and white wallpaper in the kitchen?) not long after they became engaged. I remember thinking WOW my brother is a blessed man! I have been chagrined to realize there is a lot I don't know about that trip. Where were you staying? How did you get there? In fairness to myself, I did have (I think it was) 5 children under 6 years old at the time (and lots of other, um, stuff, going on), but still my level of oblivion stuns me.
Un oeuf is enough.
Tuly

Post by Tuly »

Oh Betsy!, I'm embarrased to admit I'm not sure either. But I do remember feeling, I had found a sister finally!. It is interesting to remember feelings more than situations. :love:
John

Post by John »

Well I DO remember. We caught a ride across the desert and into California through Reno with some friends of ours, the Frosts, who were headed to their home in, I think, Sacramento and were willing to take us that far. In our young, naive, romantic dimwittedness, we thought that getting to Sacramento would get us close enough to Palo Alto that Tracy could pick us up there. It looked really close on the map! Having never been to California before in my life, I had no conceptualization of distances there, and had no idea at the time how much we must have inconvenienced you all. Of course you said nothing of it and sounded nothing but enthusiasic to have us come. On the very long drive from the Frosts to your place, I realized the scope of your generosity and was both mortified and very touched.
"Music's golden tongue flatter'd to tears this aged man and poor."
Tuly

Post by Tuly »

The day before Thanksgiving day, I was thinking about the week Aunt Betsy came to stay with us in California. This was in the fall of 1986, we had arrived from NY July 9th to some very hard times in Mission Viejo, no job, no car, all we really had was faith. I think I was a bit struggling with some form of depression. In comes Aunt Betsy, helped me get the house in order even took me to the Getty Musum in Malibu to brighten my hopes. I will never forget her kindness and incredible comfort at a very hard time in our lives.
Huntington Tracy

Post by Huntington Tracy »

First, the Italian sister in our ward had her nephew at sacrament meeting this morning. Second, the orchestra during the First Presidency Christmas Devotional featured a harp. Third, Ike asked me when I'm going to print out those Pokémon cards for him. Fourth, I rehearsed this evening with my men's acappella group, and a week from today we're finally going to record some of our pieces during our concert in the Cathedral of the Madeleine. For various reasons, each of these things made me think of the Vigliotti family, who adopted me while I was in Switzerland.
Tuly

Post by Tuly »

I'm thinking today of Edward, since today is his birthday. How he decided at the tender age of two to walk out of our small NY apartment and wander of to the street almost to 63rd Drive in Queens, and almost gave his dad a heart attack. I bet he never thought that 18 years later he would be wandering those streets again in his mission. Happy Birthday Edward :happybirthday:
Ian
Site Admin

Post by Ian »

Happy Birthday!

:chewie: :chewie: :chewie: :chewie:
:chewie: :chewie: :chewie:
so let it be written... so let it be done.
Edward

Post by Edward »

Thank you! Dance, wookies! Dance your hearts out!
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us"
:gandalf2: