The Life of Nephi by George Q. Cannon

Discuss and review your favorite books here.
Tuly

The Life of Nephi by George Q. Cannon

Post by Tuly »

The Life of Nephi by George Q. Cannon (part of Faith Promoting Series #9) - I got this for my Kindle and actually have enjoyed this lovely, simple insight of this great prophet. This next quote is by George Q. Cannon
My aim was to make the children of our Church familiar with the events described in the Book of Mormon, and with some of the prominent men of that mighty people of which Nephi was one of the greatest progenitors. Various causes—the principal one of which has been the pressure of other and more exacting labors—have prevented me from carrying my design into execution until the present time. I have felt that, as I owed so much of my own success in life to the important and interesting lessons contained in that precious record, it was a duty incumbent upon me to do all in my power to have it read and appreciated as widely as possible by every member of our Church, but especially by the rising generation.
"Condemn me not because of mine imperfection,... but rather give thanks unto God that he hath made manifest unto you our imperfections, that ye may learn to be more wise than we have been." Mormon 9:31