The Cozy Life: Rediscover the Joy of the Simple Things Through the Danish Concept of Hygge

Discuss and review your favorite books here.
Tuly

The Cozy Life: Rediscover the Joy of the Simple Things Through the Danish Concept of Hygge

Post by Tuly »

The Cozy Life: Rediscover the Joy of the Simple Things Through the Danish Concept of Hygge by Pia Edberg. So this is my way of simplifying my life. Although Edberg gives a nod to the Kondo method, the Danish word hygge (pronounced hue-gah) is a feeling or mood that comes from taking genuine pleasure in making ordinary everyday things simply extraordinary. Apparently since winter is so long and cold in Denmark they came up with this cozy concept. I love it!!
"Condemn me not because of mine imperfection,... but rather give thanks unto God that he hath made manifest unto you our imperfections, that ye may learn to be more wise than we have been." Mormon 9:31
Ian
Site Admin

Re: The Cozy Life: Rediscover the Joy of the Simple Things Through the Danish Concept of Hygge

Post by Ian »

i wonder if this relates to norwegian sakte-tv. this is a form of television in which an ordinary event is shown in its complete length. examples include a 7-hour train ride, 12 hours of nonstop knitting, and an 18-hour fishing trip. the idea of filming in real-time has been explored before but it became extremely popular in norway a few years ago.
so let it be written... so let it be done.