Pandemic 2020

All registered users can post here.
Tuly

Pandemic 2020

Post by Tuly »

I'm sure we will never forget this trial in our lives. I am reminded of the Israelites in the days of Moses who were commanded to stay inside their homes for the Passover and paint their doorposts with the blood of a lamb as a sign of their faith and the destroying angel would pass by them (Exodus 12). I have been prepared in many ways, like the children of Israel were prepared by Moses throughout my life by our prophets to be prepared emotionally, physically and spiritually.
So here we are together watching through the media and here say the world making decisions to personally stay healthy and protecting our community from this virus. As separate as we are I have found unity in our families by a greater desire among us to communicate with each other, we suddenly have time to do this. We are aware that we need each other and long for each other's company through any form of communication available to us. I am so grateful for this experience, this calamity to check personally how prepared I am to sacrifice some things that I value so much. So how do I still provide service while being isolated? I can still text messages of good will to all those people I minister ( or call ). How do I continue temple worship while the temples are closed? I work on family history at home. How do I rejuvenate my creative juices? other than read and organize, I can take more free online courses and start new crafts that I have been afraid to try.
I am confident that we will see many miracles in our families and in the world through this calamity. I have seen that in the past and I'm seeing it now. These are the blessings of faith in Jesus Christ and obedience to commandments.
"Condemn me not because of mine imperfection,... but rather give thanks unto God that he hath made manifest unto you our imperfections, that ye may learn to be more wise than we have been." Mormon 9:31
Tuly

Re: Pandemic 2020

Post by Tuly »

Let me add a talk I have appreciated lately by Elder Holland - The Measure of the Stature of the Fulness of Christ -

https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/pro ... t?lang=eng
The following talk was given to young adults at the Stanford Memorial Church, Stanford University, California, on February 9, 2020.
Let me editorialize here for a minute about. Yes, life can be challenging. Yes, we have pain and regrets and real problems to work through. Yes, we have disappointments and sorrow, all kinds of highs and lows. But the Lord and the prophets have spoken enough encouraging words about how to face those problems to fill a cosmic journal. The Savior’s benediction upon His disciples even as He moved toward the pain and agony of Gethsemane and Calvary is the most famous of these. On that night, the night of the greatest suffering that has ever taken place in the world or that ever will take place, the Savior said, “Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you. … Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.”22 What a stunning view of life in the most agonizing of hours! How can He possibly say that facing what He knows He is facing? Because this is the Church of the happy endings! This victory is already won. Yet I see unhappy Latter-day Saints, cheerless Latter-day Saints, gloomy Latter-day Saints with a crisis of faith here, a skeptical heart there, and more than enough guilt or depression to go around. I think some of us must have that remnant of Puritan heritage still in us that says it is somehow wrong to be comforted or helped, that we are supposed to be miserable about something....
This scriptural account reminds us that in coming to Christ, seeking His fulness, or in His coming to us to bring us that fulness, the first step may fill us with something very much like sheer terror. It shouldn’t, but it sometimes does. One of the grand ironies of the gospel is that the very source of help and safety being offered us is the thing from which we may, in our mortal shortsightedness, flee. For whatever the reason, I have seen investigators run from baptism, I have seen elders run from a mission call, I have seen sweethearts run from marriage, I have seen members run from challenging callings, and I have seen people run from their Church membership. Too often we run from the very things that will save us and soothe us. Too often we see gospel commitments as something to be feared and then forsaken.The marvelous Elder James E. Talmage says of this incident: “Into every human adult life come experiences like unto the battling of the storm-tossed voyagers with contrary winds and threatening seas; ofttimes the night of struggle and danger is far advanced before succor appears; and then, too frequently the saving aid is mistaken for a greater terror. [But,] as came unto [these disciples] in the midst of the turbulent waters, so comes to all who toil in faith, the voice of the Deliverer—‘It is I; be not afraid.’”
And this website - https://ncov2019.live/ (it is pretty good)
Who made this website?
This site was created by Avi Schiffmann. I am a high schooler in Washington State, USA.
You can email me at coronaviruswebsite@gmail.com.
Sources
Local government websites/health departments

BNO News
CDC
WHO
"Condemn me not because of mine imperfection,... but rather give thanks unto God that he hath made manifest unto you our imperfections, that ye may learn to be more wise than we have been." Mormon 9:31
John

Re: Pandemic 2020

Post by John »

"Music's golden tongue flatter'd to tears this aged man and poor."