The Point System

A forum for those with superhuman strength, superior mental power, and other supernatural abilities.
Edward

The Point System

Post by Edward »

OK unfortunately the number issue is being hotly debated. Some want even less than 20, some want much more. Please post the number of points you feel is appropriate and explain why. We need to get the number issue settled so that we can move forward with our characters.
Last edited by Edward on Wed Jun 21, 2006 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us"
:gandalf2:
Edward

My opinion

Post by Edward »

I think anything less than 20 is too simplistic. These should be realistic heroes, but also powerful ones, and I think we should avoid making them so normal that they necessitate a team to make them worth anything. Each should be a strong character in his own right, and should be able to stand their ground on their own. Also, this should be our chance to design our own ideal superhero, and my ideal is much more than "gifted"--he's super, for pete's sake!

In addition, I think there ought to be an opportunity to grow as a character--maybe some increase numbers as they use their powers, or maybe they have latent strength that has not manifest yet. I strongly feel that we should have no less than 21, but no more than 23. Anything more or less seems too overpowering or too weak for me.
Steve

Post by Steve »

I think Emma made a great point in the other thread...I mean, Jean Grey was 18 pts. and Prof. X was 16. Brilliant observation, Emma.

Also, if you tell my character that he's good enough to stand on his own, then he's going to do so. If I have no real weakness, then I don't need anybody watching my back. It wastes my time to return to headquarters. ;)

That said, I think it takes away the fun if we set the number too low. After all, I figure Steve is like a 13 or 14 (hehe), so my superhero had better have a stats upgrade from everyday life. I stand by my vote of 20 or 21.
When God can do what he will with a man, the man may do what he will with the world.     ~George MacDonald
Mindy

Post by Mindy »

I just have to state (for my piece of mind, really) that after I finally got a moment to read everyone's bios, mine is entirely too long!

"Hello. My name is Mindy and I'm an obsessive/compulsive over-achiever."

So please feel free to trim it down significantly.

I just wanted to say that . . . and if you don't hear from me for a few days, Stadium of fire got to me. But I hope to emerge alive in a week. Bless you all!
Whaaa Happened?
Edward

Post by Edward »

AUGH!!!!!! Mindy no, it's perfect! Remember, in the book, there are a few 2-3 pagers, especially for leaders and main characters. That said, I'm editing for simple grammar and clarity concerns. Amidst all the art and info it will be fine. I will, however, move a bit of it to an introductory bit detailing the team and the origins, etc.