Happy Mother's Day!!

Birthdays, anniversaries and holidays.
Tuly

Re: Happy Mother's Day!!

Post by Tuly »

Happy Mother's Day to all my daughters who are Mother's of Zion and nurture the future.
"Condemn me not because of mine imperfection,... but rather give thanks unto God that he hath made manifest unto you our imperfections, that ye may learn to be more wise than we have been." Mormon 9:31
Lily

Post by Lily »

Happy mother's day, mother dearest! We love and honor and appreciate you. And best wishes to all Huntington women for your mothering hearts!
John

Post by John »

images.jpg
"Music's golden tongue flatter'd to tears this aged man and poor."
Tuly

Post by Tuly »

I know it is one day before Mother's Day. Mother's need more than one day to be honored. I have been thinking about my mother and how extra ordinary she is. There are many things I have learned from my mother but if I could choose two things I have learned from her it would be her incredible faith in God and her astounding characteristic to forgive. Her faith in God has been an important foundation in my life. Nothing can weaken her faith...and I mean nothing. Her ability to not resent anyone's ill behavior towards her is frankly unbelievable. I have also admired her incredible energy. As she gets older her desire to travel and now interest in writing a book about health is amazing. All through my life I have been surrounded by great mothers. How blessed I am to be surrounded by now daughters that are great mothers.
Happy Mother's Day!!!
"Condemn me not because of mine imperfection,... but rather give thanks unto God that he hath made manifest unto you our imperfections, that ye may learn to be more wise than we have been." Mormon 9:31
John

Post by John »

Vintage+egreeting_mothersday+(Medium).jpg
"Music's golden tongue flatter'd to tears this aged man and poor."
Tuly

Post by Tuly »

Happy Mother's Day to my mother and to all my daughters who mother the future of our world. :worship:
Edward

Post by Edward »

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY MOMMY! I LOVE YOU!!!!!!

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us"
:gandalf2:
Tuly

Post by Tuly »

I will take this week to honor all of my six daughters who are mothers and future mothers by posting quotes that will hopefully strengthen all of us as women and mothers. I love how lds.org is celebrating Mother's Day. Starting today till this Saturday I'm taking a small Martinelli's sparkling cider bottle to different women in my ward and community that says -
Celebrate Motherhood! Happy Mother's Day!! I feel more than ever the message of honoring motherhood and the importance of understanding that calling is needed in these latter days.

http://www.mormonchannel.org/timeformom ... _xLIDyL1-B
“I have a word to say to my sisters. When I reflect upon the duties and responsibilities devolving upon our mothers and sisters, and the influence they wield, I look upon them as the mainspring and soul of our being here. It is true that man is first. Father Adam was placed here as king of the earth, to bring it into subjection. But when Mother Eve came she had a splendid influence over him. A great many have thought it was not very good; I think it was excellent" (Discourses of Brigham Young, p. 199).).”
Tuly

Post by Tuly »

Here is another great quote by President David O. McKay -
“Motherhood is the greatest potential influence either for good or ill in human life. The mother's image is the first that stamps itself on the unwritten page of the young child's mind. It is her caress that first awakens a sense of security; her kiss, the first realization of affection; her sympathy and tenderness, the first assurance that there is love in the world.”
― David O. McKay
Tuly

Post by Tuly »

Love this quote by Zina D. Huntington Young.
Zina D. H. Young
Third Relief Society General President

“I rejoice in putting my testimony before the daughters of Zion, that their faith may be strengthened, and that the good work may roll on. Seek for a testimony, as you would, my dear sisters, for a diamond concealed. If someone told you by digging long enough in a certain spot you would find a diamond of unmeasured wealth, do you think you would begrudge time or strength, or means spent to obtain that treasure? … If you will dig in the depths of your own hearts you will find, with the aid of the Spirit of the Lord, the pearl of great price, the testimony of the truth of this work.”
Tuly

Post by Tuly »

I am so grateful for my mother for planting the seeds of the gospel to my life and future generations.
“A mother that is successful in raising a good boy, or girl, to imitate her example and to follow her precepts through life, sows the seeds of virtue, honor and integrity and of righteousness in their hearts that will be felt through all their career in life; and wherever that boy or girl goes, as man or woman, in whatever society they mingle, the good effects of the example of that mother upon them will be felt; and it will never die, because it will extend from them to their children from generation to generation.”
― Joseph F. Smith
Tuly

Post by Tuly »

“To be a righteous woman during the winding up scenes on this earth, before the second coming of our Savior, is an especially noble calling... She has been placed here to help to enrich, to protect, and to guard the home--which is society's basic and most noble institution.”
― Spencer W. Kimball
Tuly

Post by Tuly »

I loved this post from lds.org - https://www.lds.org/prophets-and-apostl ... _&lang=eng
One of my favorite stories was from Elder Tom Perry -

Elder L. Tom Perry
Of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles

My mother understood the value of teaching her children about standards, values, and doctrine while they were young. While she was grateful to others who taught her children outside the home at either school or church, she recognized that parents are entrusted with the education of their children and, ultimately, parents must ensure that their children are being taught what their Heavenly Father would have them learn. My siblings and I were quizzed very carefully by our mother after we had been taught away from the home to be certain the correct lessons were reaching our ears and shaping our minds (“Mothers Teaching Children in the Home,” Apr. 2010 general conference).
Tuly

Post by Tuly »

Happy Mother's Day!! - motherhood is the greatest calling we will have now and forever - "let us not be weary in well doing." - Galatians 6:9
James

Post by James »

Attention all mothers

Thanks for making the world a better place

James and Margaret