Superhero General Information

A forum for those with superhuman strength, superior mental power, and other supernatural abilities.

Some want to determine the points of power by using a set number of points to distribute between the catagories. All points start at one. How many points should be given?

Poll ended at Sat Jun 10, 2006 11:08 pm

20 points per person
56%
21 points per person
No votes
22 points per person
44%

Total votes: 9

Oliver

Post by Oliver »

well, in my humble opinion, I believe that no matter what you peons do, I shall rule the day!
andy

Post by andy »

::makes obeisance before Oliver::

Hello everyone! I like what I'm seeing here. First off, I'd like to thank Emma for putting the points into perspective. If Professor X has 16 points and he stops time in Xmen 2 and can read thoughts, that's pretty powerful. And Jean was darn near invincible in Xmen 3. Therefore, I really think we shouldn't complain if our "limit" is 20. You may think it a problem if you give only 3's and 4's to all your categories. Then you may just be flipping cheeseburgers, as Edward warns. However, we are a TEAM guys! This is why we specialize; to help eachother in what we lack. I definitely vote 20 as the cap.

Unless, ofcourse, we give an extra point or two to the Senior members to account for their extra experience and wisdom. Say, all members 24 years and older can have 20, while the rest of the children get 18. :lol:

Joking aside, I believe this will still allow for imagination, contrary to Betsy's "boo to restriction post" :P From what I hear, Steve's cooked up a pretty fun little superhero that can be incorporated into the point system. If there were no restrictions, we would all be that little goober dude that can do anything. And who wants to be a little goober dude? Not I... not I.
Edward

Post by Edward »

I like the goober dude... and his name is Doop I'll have you know.

Age limit HA! no. I think that is irrelevant, besides, who's to say Emma or Margaret have less experience than Ian or Bryn? I think the only determinant in that regard is whether or not one has started adolecence, which is when mutant powers manifest themselves. Thus all of us (sans Oliver) fall under that catagory.

The poll is clearly ill-conceived (my fault) and will soon be replaced as we define just what it is we are creating. In any case however, I think 20 is the absolute minimum number we should adopt.

Also, can you all start posting your costumes and bios and stuf,, etc.? This is getting really urgent as Betsy and I need lots of time to draw, and we need you help by at least finalizing the looks of your heroes. The following people are more or less done:

Dad, Mom, Ian, Angela, Steve, Bryn, Ann (kind of), Edward, Margaret, Emma.

These people need to get theirs in:

Lily, Ann (kind of), Betsy, Mindy, Andy

Get them up soon. Thanks!
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us"
:gandalf2:
Betsy

Post by Betsy »

Please don't make your costumes too elaborate. I don't want people to get annoyed if I draw something under their expectations :oops: Or better yet, draw your own charater, and send it in to us, if you're feeling artistic! Weee!

by the way, andy and steve look really similar when they were young. like, whoa.
Edward

Costume details

Post by Edward »

Oh, by the way, there are some general guidelines for the costumes. The color we have chosen is green, in any shade (as this website demonstrates). Whatever your design, if you want to be a die-hard member, make green the primary color. If, like Bryn, you are an "outsider," you can opt to minimize the use of green, only adding green accents. Some, like Margaret, Emma, and myself, simply have green uniforms, each in different shades. Others, like Ian and Angela, have none--they are the team's adversarys (kind of, but we'll get into that later). They dress all in white, so that is somewhat their team color. So--green=family team, white=Ian and co. But again, make your own character.
Edward

Costumes I

Post by Edward »

Here are some ideas if you are pondering them:

Body suits are standard super-garb (Spandex), but many prefer to add something to it to add visual interest. Leather jackets were popular in the 80's amonst the X-Men--Bryn has one. Or you could have a fancy cloak--I personally wear a flashy trenchcoat/robe thingy. Perhaps you want something a little more individual. Capes can be done nicely if you add a fancy collar, unusual lining, or cut it in an unusual shape. And shoes! Bootsand shoes can be colorful or utilitarian. If you are a woman, maybe you wear a dress, skirt, or gown. Ian simply wears a fancy business suit. Maybe you want to wear robes and cloaks, or maybe just an iron bikini (though modesty is a requirement of our team). Do you wear all leather? Maybe you dress in high tech armor? Or maybe you are a cyborg? There are lots of possibilities. Margaret, Emma, and myself are clearly part of the same team--shades of green in individual styles. You can consider that if you want to look in harmony with others.
Edward

Costumes II

Post by Edward »

OK last post about costumes:

Other ideas are masks or helmets. Look at Wolverine, Spiderman, or Cyclops. Look at Batman, The Incredibles, or Dr. Doom. They add a lot to the look of a character. The only caution is that we want these to look like us, so unless you can get across your individuality despite a masked visage, use caution.

Finally, you can consider accessories. An example: I carry a long sword that I fight with in a scabbard I carry on my back, He-Man style. Do you have laser wrist guards? A watch-communicator? You can think of all kinda of little gadgets--just don't get carried away.

Send them in soon please, and if you want to draw your own, make sure it is very, very nice. Otherwise I would love to do it. And don't worry about minute details--it won't be a problem. The more details, the better (Margaret's has lots of great little details in hers). THANKS!!! :D
Emma

Post by Emma »

i think i have a headache from all of edwards messages...and thanks for the suport andy :D
The pants say: Just say no!
Lily

Friends, Romans (I wish), Countrymen

Post by Lily »

You can all thank me for tipping the scale to 20 cumulative points. By the way, hello to all y'all. I hope to make my posts a little more frequent once boot camp is (finally) over in a few weeks. But for the time being, Steve has been very helpful as I've been putting together my superhero profile. More to come....
Lily

Sheesh

Post by Lily »

What a boring first post I just submitted. My apologies. Cleverness is hard for me to come by these days. Darn that weight of the world. At least i'm not yet as cynical as Betsy. Kidding, kidding.

It's good to finally be connected to all of you! Maybe if I'm really good I will be promoted to moderator someday too! If only.... Although, I guess with great power comes great responsibility, and I'm afraid my cyber-know-how has much to be desired. Maybe I can compensate for my mortal frailty by becoming a super computer genius for the Inconceivables.

ALSO, I don't know how I feel about the color themes for the costumes, Edward. No wait, I do know how I feel. I don't like it. We weren't all together as a team before joining the Inconceivables. We were already heroes and decided to join the team by our own free will and choice. Therefore, our costumes were already established at the point of incorporation. I just think it will be...well, blah. I vote NO for the greens. Let the superhumans decide for themselves.

Anyway, that's what I think about it. And by the way, just as a sneak peek for you all, my name is going to be Tripoli. Details are forthcoming....
Ian
Site Admin

Post by Ian »

i think we should include mom in the superhero discussion. how about we talk in this thread about things that should be kept secret from mom, but use other threads to talk about superhero issues that won't give away the "secret." edward, how about you make it clear what we should keep secret from mom, and what we can talk about openly.
so let it be written... so let it be done.
Betsy

Post by Betsy »

Hows it goin everyone, whoa, thank you lily for your continued support! I shall return the favor someday, and hoo man about the costumes. Edward's just havin some fun there whoo dop a diddly doo - please, don't worry about it too much people. If you would like to draw yours it does not have to be perfect. By all means, do whatever you please!!!!!!!!!! PLease!!!!Thank you!!!!!
Edward

Post by Edward »

This is what Mom CAN know:

--We are making up the superhero team
--powers, names and numbers
--anything about the nature of the team itself

What she MUST NOT KNOW

--we are going to make a complete visual dictionary of the heros just like her book
--ANY information about the book
--the surprize is for her birthday

In other words, she should think we are just being creative. She cannot know that we are actually going to produce something that she can keep forever. I want her to receive that book on her birthday and be as surprised as possible to find out that we made a book out of all this.
Edward

Costumes?

Post by Edward »

Lily, thanks for the 20 count. As far as costumes go, you can do whatever you want. I'm just saying, the girls and I have set colors. I guess it's not all that important. After all, I was on my mission at the inception of this mighty team. There are some things I still haven't quite picked up on about the superhero team. But if you have a set costume all the better. Let us know!

(Lily, you've got a cool name--I wanna know your stuff, sounds cool!)
Steve

Post by Steve »

So here's a question: how big are our images supposed to be? How long are our bios supposed to be? Are we supposed to draw in our power category meter thingy's like the encyclopedia does? Are we designing our own full page? Is there a template? Can I find a way to include any more questions in just one comment?
When God can do what he will with a man, the man may do what he will with the world.     ~George MacDonald