Happy organization of The Chuch of Jesus Christ of LDS

Birthdays, anniversaries and holidays.
Tuly

Happy organization of The Chuch of Jesus Christ of LDS

Post by Tuly »

On April 6th, 1830 The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints was organized. Today we celebrate its 180th year. How blessed and grateful I am for the restoration of this church. It has brought much joy to my life.
"Condemn me not because of mine imperfection,... but rather give thanks unto God that he hath made manifest unto you our imperfections, that ye may learn to be more wise than we have been." Mormon 9:31
Tuly

Re: Happy organization of The Chuch of Jesus Christ of LDS

Post by Tuly »

Happy 181st!!
“Wherefore, I the Lord, knowing the calamity which should come upon the inhabitants of the earth, called upon my servant Joseph Smith, Jun., and spake unto him from heaven, and gave him commandments;

“And also gave commandments to others, that they should proclaim these things unto the world; and all this that it might be fulfilled, which was written by the prophets—

“The weak things of the world shall come forth and break down the mighty and strong ones, that man should not counsel his fellow man, neither trust in the arm of flesh—

“But that every man might speak in the name of God the Lord, even the Savior of the world;

“That faith also might increase in the earth;

“That mine everlasting covenant might be established;

“That the fulness of my gospel might be proclaimed by the weak and the simple unto the ends of the world, and before kings and rulers” (D&C 1:17–23).
"Condemn me not because of mine imperfection,... but rather give thanks unto God that he hath made manifest unto you our imperfections, that ye may learn to be more wise than we have been." Mormon 9:31
Tuly

Post by Tuly »

Happy 184th and happy General Conference day!!
Edward

Post by Edward »

Um, uh YAY!!! (should I be lighting fireworks or wearing pioneer clothing or something to celebrate?)
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us"
:gandalf2:
Tuly

Post by Tuly »

Great day be in the temple!!
Tuly

Post by Tuly »

Grateful for this event in my life. It will have save my life and many generations when we are faithful to the commandments and are converted every day to the doctrine of Christ.
Tuly

Post by Tuly »

Grateful today for my mother choosing to become a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in 1961, which helped me make the decision to get baptized November 5th, 1961.
From this past General Conference, President Russell Nelson said.
I am optimistic about the future. It will be filled with opportunities for each of us to progress, contribute, and take the gospel to every corner of the earth. But I am also not naive about the days ahead. We live in a world that is complex and increasingly contentious. The constant availability of social media and a 24-hour news cycle bombard us with relentless messages. If we are to have any hope of sifting through the myriad of voices and the philosophies of men that attack truth, we must learn to receive revelation.

Our Savior and Redeemer, Jesus Christ, will perform some of His mightiest works between now and when He comes again. We will see miraculous indications that God the Father and His Son, Jesus Christ, preside over this Church in majesty and glory. But in coming days, it will not be possible to survive spiritually without the guiding, directing, comforting, and constant influence of the Holy Ghost.