This is what I've posted on social media this past week:
1. I'm grateful for Jesus Christ. He heals me, and He heals you. He saves me, and He saves you. He loves me, and He loves you.
2. I'm grateful for family. The one born into, the one married into, the one I prayed and prayed to help create. Is there conflict and heartache? Absolutely. But there is also forgiveness, love, support, and joy! I appreciate what President Ballard said today, "families are meant to be eternal."
3. I'm grateful for my mission and temples. The people I served and served with changed me, and the experiences changed me during my service in the Italy Rome mission many moons ago. My testimony of temples also changed, as back then my mission president (now the current temple president!) helped all of us focus our efforts in preparing the area and members for a temple. What once seemed like such a distant blessing was realized last year, and yearning for a temple then (and again now) helps me recognize what a temple actually means to me.
4. I'm grateful for beauty. In nature, in music, in art, in our bodies, in the heavens, even in the prosaic everyday. I love the spectacular and the unspectacular.
5. I'm grateful for education. Formal, informal, sought after, unsolicited, and for good teachers and unexpected opportunities along the way.
6. I'm grateful for prophets and the Book of Mormon. Amazing sacrifices, in ancient and modern times, have been made for me to hear and learn the word of God, and I would be lost without them.
7. I'm grateful for agency and freedom. I am wondrously able to make choices, and live where I am free to carry those choices out. I'm also grateful for repentance and forgiveness through Jesus Christ when my choices are poor. Happy Thanksgiving! "It is a good thing to give thanks unto the Lord" -Psalm 92:1 #givethanks