Betsy

Re: Why the Church is as True as the Gospel

Post by Betsy »

Too bad.
Ian
Site Admin

Post by Ian »

we’re not interested in your anti-mormon literature, sorry.
so let it be written... so let it be done.
Betsy

Post by Betsy »

There are others who browse this forum who might be, so...
Ian
Site Admin

Post by Ian »

yes, but your family is not interested.
Betsy

Post by Betsy »

There are interested parties in this family, don't worry! :-)
Steve

Post by Steve »

Betsy: There are interested parties in this family, don't worry! :-)
Who, Betsy? Which family members are interested in anti-mormon literature?
When God can do what he will with a man, the man may do what he will with the world.     ~George MacDonald
Ian
Site Admin

Post by Ian »

i'm sure that's precisely the cause of worry, for mom and dad, but speaking for myself only, your anti-mormon literature is of no interest.
Tuly

Post by Tuly »

Yes, I noticed you posted it on facebook. And yes there are interested family members, to my chagrin. I truly hope they read the whole complete essay to get the full flavor of brother England.
"Condemn me not because of mine imperfection,... but rather give thanks unto God that he hath made manifest unto you our imperfections, that ye may learn to be more wise than we have been." Mormon 9:31
Angela

Post by Angela »

I read the article. I tire of reading Anti-Mormon articles on this website.

I'm slowly trying to catch up on all that I've missed here, and when i do, i end up feeling annoyed that I've wasted my time reading certain articles and quotes that try to defame the prophets, followers of Christ, etc.

Valentines day is coming up and sugar cookies don't bake themselves, people.
Betsy

Post by Betsy »

Thanks for reading it Angela, I understand that learning can be tiresome.

I can give anyone here the phone number of my bishop if you are concerned about my worthiness. No joke. Why has nobody done this.

Probably because I don't really think you are all that concerned. Nor do I take your accusations of apostasy, defaming the prophet, presenting false doctrine, being anti-mormon etc. very seriously. You have no reason to be concerned. I'm clearly causing some discomfort though. A natural consequence of having your worldview challenged, I suppose. Ian's standard argument now has become "this is false". Followed by, nothing, to back it up.
Steve

Post by Steve »

I don't recall seeing anyone accuse you of having apostatized. There were the prophetic statements that suggest that you've been influenced by a spirit of apostasy based on the criteria they mention. That's a warning not to continue down that path (ie, to repent). You did attempt to defame Brigham Young as espousing racist ideas. You did present false doctrine. You did share resources provided by anti-mormons and apostates. That is reason to be concerned, and yes, it's obviously going to cause some discomfort for all those who love you.
Betsy: Ian's standard argument now has become "this is false". Followed by, nothing, to back it up.
That's because the support for our arguments has been exhaustive to the point that there's not much to add in order to counter the things you've said. You are simply wrong in some of your views. If you'd like to know why, review the thread. It would be inefficient to repost everything we've shared every time you write something that was already thoroughly refuted.
When God can do what he will with a man, the man may do what he will with the world.     ~George MacDonald
Betsy

Post by Betsy »

That's merely a warning not to continue down that path (ie, to repent)
What exactly do I need to repent of?
You are simply wrong in some of your views. If you'd like to know why, review the thread.
None of the posts, quotes, or diatribes posted have been able to successfully refute my views. There has been plenty to support them though.
Steve

Post by Steve »

Betsy: What exactly do I need to repent of?
The Lord will reveal "what exactly" you need to repent of if you ask Him.
Betsy: None of the posts, quotes, or diatribes posted have been able to successfully refute my views.
If your views do not align with the words of the prophets, then your views have been successfully refuted.
Angela

Post by Angela »

Betsy wrote:Thanks for reading it Angela, I understand that learning can be tiresome.
wow Betsy, that was incredibly rude.
Betsy

Post by Betsy »

wow Betsy, that was incredibly rude.
I'm sorry you feel that way. Remember you were the one saying that reading it was a "waste of your time". You may feel free to spend your time reading things that only fit with your world views.