The Infinite Atonement - Elder Tad Callister

Discuss and review your favorite books here.
Tuly

The Infinite Atonement - Elder Tad Callister

Post by Tuly »

There are few books that I feel should be required reading. The Infinite Atonement by Tad R. Callister is required reading in my opinion. After reading this book I thought to myself if I had to write a book on such a sacred subject as the Atonement where would I begin?, what resources would I use?. Elder Callister certainly delivered all of my expectations on what a book on the Atonement should include. His resources are sound; he uses the scriptures, general authorities and prophets words on the Atonement. His scholarship is comprehensive and accessible to all. This is an incredible resource book on the Atonement.
In Elder Callister's words.

"The Atonement of Jesus Christ is the most supernal, mind-expanding, passionate doctrine this world or universe will ever know."
"Condemn me not because of mine imperfection,... but rather give thanks unto God that he hath made manifest unto you our imperfections, that ye may learn to be more wise than we have been." Mormon 9:31
Ann

Re: The Infinite Atonement - Elder Tad Callister

Post by Ann »

I second that, even though I have yet to finish this book. We also enjoyed Elder Callister's CES talk this past Sunday - very well organized and presented, and of course, sound reasoning coupled with true doctrine.