ELECTRONIC MAFIA! - Game no. 1

All registered users can post here.
Tuly

Post by Tuly »

o.k let's have some sweet action, so we can play again. 8)
"Condemn me not because of mine imperfection,... but rather give thanks unto God that he hath made manifest unto you our imperfections, that ye may learn to be more wise than we have been." Mormon 9:31
Cousin Alex Hall

Post by Cousin Alex Hall »

Emma, if you have an accusation that Betsy is the Mafioso you had better share it in the next fifteen minutes, 'cuz I'm taking her comment as an accusation and vote to kill.
You refer to the prophecy of the pastry that will bring Balance to the Force. And you believe it's this.. Donut?
Our possibly neglected blog - My blog of probably mostly my art
Cousin Alex Hall

Betsy has implicitly accused that Emma is the Mafioso by simply passively speaking of her as such. I have taken that accusation as a vote to kill Emma. I have seen no accusations from Emma and it is time for the execution. 7:33 Utah time/6:33 Cali.

EMMA HAS BEEN EXECUTED. EMMA WAS THE MAFIOSO. THE CITIZENS WIN!

Robert was the Detective, which was not disclosed as he was killed by the Mafioso. Ian was the Medic, which was known after he was voted for death by the citizens. Every other player was citizenry except for.. Emma.

:mwahaha:

I want to add that Emma's private notes calling for the mafia murders were quite amusing. I was also amused that she was the Mafia at all - by assignment from this true random number generator (link), no less!

Also, I thought she was going to win up until just fifteen minutes ago. You gotta watch the time closer and use the private message service faster if you're gonna win!

I'm up for another game with someone else being host. I think two Mafia, a Medic, a Detective, and at least two citizens would be great - six people.

Ian, if this might become a mainstay, I think your idea of a main forum topic of games is probably a good idea. If you want to make that I'll post up the resources and methods I used to run this game.
You refer to the prophecy of the pastry that will bring Balance to the Force. And you believe it's this.. Donut?
Betsy

Post by Betsy »

I WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:
Tuly

Post by Tuly »

o.k me wanna play
"Condemn me not because of mine imperfection,... but rather give thanks unto God that he hath made manifest unto you our imperfections, that ye may learn to be more wise than we have been." Mormon 9:31
Oh! Susanna

Post by Oh! Susanna »

um, technically Alex, I think that Emma wins. 'Cause if you get down to two people the mafia has won. That's my understanding, anyway. Anybody have any input? 'Cause Alex's moderating is almost as confusing as Edward's :)
Ian
Site Admin

Post by Ian »

i think that since emma did not vote, and betsy kind of voted, it's like betsy won by a vote of one to nothing. this game has been kind of confusing because every time there was a vote, no more than one person voted.
:dunno:
so let it be written... so let it be done.
Cousin Alex Hall

Hmm.. the rules I referred to don't seem to have a contingency for when there are only two remaining players, a mafia and citizen. :?:

Also, I've realized I didn't do it properly in at least one way: I'm supposed to let nominees give a formal speech before execution.

And having a deadline for execution meant that Betsy nominated fifteen minutes before the time, like sniping on eBay :P

I think I'd change it to have no formal time for execution - just when a consensus on nominations is met.

I think if you get down to two people it's still open for either to win - the citizen by voting out the mafia or the mafia executing the citizen - or a draw if both vote for the other or niether votes.

And I'm the officiator and I say Betsy wins :)

:w00: :chewie: :banana:
John

Post by John »

Emma was unable to respond within the 15 minute time allottment, since she was at her required High School choir concert and had no way of being aware of the deadline. Ah well.
Next year in Jerusalem! :violin:
"Music's golden tongue flatter'd to tears this aged man and poor."
Betsy

Post by Betsy »

sorry emma.
Bryn

Post by Bryn »

Mafia should win!

there is no justice.
Widerstehe doch der Sünde
Cousin Alex Hall

Okay, the truth is that the Citizen broke all procedures of democracy and killed the Mafia illegally. Things can get really ugly when people take justice into their own hands.

Okay, the REAL truth is that I'm scapegoating the Citizen.

Seems to me that not having formal deadlines for execution are a better idea for new games. I'll call recast this one as a draw. Unfortunately, that doesn't mean Emma isn't dead. It just means civililization made a mistake they have an opportunity to learn from.

Anyone up to host a new game? I would, but I'd like to give others an opportunity to make mistakes as well.. :p
Tuly

Post by Tuly »

o.k I'll do it. Whose in on this next round?...and most important what do I do now? :?
Lili

Post by Lili »

I'm in! Shall we wait a couple days for everyone to have a chance to notice/join in?
Last edited by Lili on Tue Oct 31, 2006 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I feel strongly that the visual arts are of vast importance. Of course, I could be prejudiced. I am a visual art!"
-Kermit the Frog
Tuly

Post by Tuly »

o.k - Tuesday, November 7th we will begin. :)