The Book of Mormon - Another Testament of Jesus Christ

All registered users can post here.
Tuly

Re: The Book of Mormon - Another Testament of Jesus Christ

Post by Tuly »

We finished reading The Book of Mormon as a family last Monday and started reading it again Tuesday. I have found so much comfort and healing from reading The Book of Mormon lo so many years. I do learn something new every time I read it about myself. It has helped me receive personal revelation much more often and more clearly.
Moroni 7:13-18

13 But behold, that which is of God inviteth and enticeth to do good continually; wherefore, every thing which inviteth and enticeth to do good, and to love God, and to serve him, is inspired of God.

14 Wherefore, take heed, my beloved brethren, that ye do not judge that which is evil to be of God, or that which is good and of God to be of the devil.

15 For behold, my brethren, it is given unto you to judge, that ye may know good from evil; and the way to judge is as plain, that ye may know with a perfect knowledge, as the daylight is from the dark night.

16 For behold, the Spirit of Christ is given to every man, that he may know good from evil; wherefore, I show unto you the way to judge; for every thing which inviteth to do good, and to persuade to believe in Christ, is sent forth by the power and gift of Christ; wherefore ye may know with a perfect knowledge it is of God.

17 But whatsoever thing persuadeth men to do evil, and believe not in Christ, and deny him, and serve not God, then ye may know with a perfect knowledge it is of the devil; for after this manner doth the devil work, for he persuadeth no man to do good, no, not one; neither do his angels; neither do they who subject themselves unto him.

18 And now, my brethren, seeing that ye know the alight by which ye may judge, which light is the light of Christ, see that ye do not judge wrongfully; for with that same judgment which ye judge ye shall also be judged.
"Condemn me not because of mine imperfection,... but rather give thanks unto God that he hath made manifest unto you our imperfections, that ye may learn to be more wise than we have been." Mormon 9:31
Tuly

Post by Tuly »

I finished reading The Book of Mormon yesterday. As many times as I have read this wonderful book, I'm always surprised at the many words and events that I feel I'm discovering for the first time.
This scripture from Moroni 9:25 was very timely for me yesterday.
25 My son, be faithful in Christ; and may not the things which I have written grieve thee, to weigh thee down unto death; but may Christ lift thee up, and may his sufferings and death, and the showing his body unto our fathers, and his mercy and long-suffering, and the hope of his glory and of eternal life, rest in your mind forever.
"Condemn me not because of mine imperfection,... but rather give thanks unto God that he hath made manifest unto you our imperfections, that ye may learn to be more wise than we have been." Mormon 9:31
Tuly

Post by Tuly »

Finished reading the Book of Mormon today - The Book of Mormon leads me to pure truth, pure doctrine and pure religion - This is a quote from President Nelson's General Conference talk in October 2021 -
https://abn.churchofjesuschrist.org/stu ... n?lang=eng
Contrary to the doubts of some, there really is such a thing as right and wrong. There really is absolute truth—eternal truth. One of the plagues of our day is that too few people know where to turn for truth...

The pure doctrine of Christ is powerful. It changes the life of everyone who understands it and seeks to implement it in his or her life. The doctrine of Christ helps us find and stay on the covenant path. Staying on that narrow but well-defined path will ultimately qualify us to receive all that God has.3 Nothing could be worth more than all our Father has!

Finally, pure revelation for the questions in your heart will make this conference { in this case the Book of Mormon} rewarding and unforgettable.
Jane

Post by Jane »

Wahoo! We love the Book of Mormon! :w00:
Good job grandma! :worship:
"Success is not final; Failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts." -Winston S. Churchill :chewie:
Tuly

Post by Tuly »

Yesterday our family finished reading The Book of Mormon again. Truth be told I read The Book of Mormon three time every day - one time by myself, the second time with great grandma and the third time with John and Edward. The Book of Mormon gives me hope and strength to deal with every single challenge I face each day. Most important - I always remember Him, when I read The Book of Mormon.
Tuly

Post by Tuly »

Yesterday, Mami and I finished reading the Book of Mormon in Spanish. Mami, wanted to let me know that she knew that the Book of Mormon is the word of God. I told her that I have witnessed the promises of the Book of Mormon fulfilled in our family. We love the Book of Mormon and have started reading it again today!