Where in the World is Betsy Going?

All registered users can post here.
Tuly

Where in the World is Betsy Going?

Post by Tuly »

So Betsy's papers where turned in last Monday. Where in the world do you think she is going? and when do you think she will get her calling? :wink:
"Condemn me not because of mine imperfection,... but rather give thanks unto God that he hath made manifest unto you our imperfections, that ye may learn to be more wise than we have been." Mormon 9:31
Pilcrow

Post by Pilcrow »

mmm I will be generous.

France.
Perhaps it will be her into-the-field excursion, though, from serving at the Temple Square Mission. Unlikely they would send her overseas from that, though. If not, France, then Texas, because she should be so lucky.

I don't know what time frame. It has not been made known to me.
Angela

Post by Angela »

Antarctica
Steve

Post by Steve »

My vote's state-side since Betsy's just what this country needs. :)
When God can do what he will with a man, the man may do what he will with the world.     ~George MacDonald
Lily

Post by Lily »

Hmm...I've been stewing over this one. My guess is Hungary or Florida. Do I win a free trip to either of those locations if I'm right?
John

Post by John »

harhar. Does "stewing" and "Hungary" constitute a pun?
Whether or not, I'm all in favor of the eastern European thing. I taught those two Bulgarian biophysicists in Marburg, who invited me to come see them the next time I was in Sophia. Maybe Betsy will be the one to take them up on it. But since Edward covered the New York territory, maybe Betsy will take the Washington State stint.

And by the by, I think it should already have come, so let's say tomorrow, Thursday, the 14th while she's having her wisdom teeth extracted. :drool:
"Music's golden tongue flatter'd to tears this aged man and poor."
Tuly

Post by Tuly »

Hey! how about Canada, it can be a tough mission( i know all missions are tough) and cold, but some of those areas are simply beautiful.
"Condemn me not because of mine imperfection,... but rather give thanks unto God that he hath made manifest unto you our imperfections, that ye may learn to be more wise than we have been." Mormon 9:31
John

Post by John »

For those who weren't here today (Thursday, June 14th, 2007) you missed the broohaha. Betsy went this morning to Dr. Mortensen who extracted all four of her wisdom teeth at one fell swoop, leaving her unable to speak for at least the day. She came home and was lying abed in our room when the mail came. Ian had just come from picking Margaret up from school when the mail truck stopped at the house. The mailcarrier (or, fe-mail carrier) handed him the stack of mail, and he could see the big white envelope from SLC. He called out to whomever was in the house, and I'm afraid I let the excitement get the better of me, and snatched the envelope rather abruptly from him and took it in to Betsy, whose eyes got rather like saucers, try as she might to restrain herself. Poor thing, she couldn't talk. We waited until we got Bryn and Lily on the phone, and then she opened the envelope with Mom next to her, and the two of them burst into tears. Mom read (after first only seeing the "K" and initially thinking it said "Kansas") that Betsy has been called to serve in the

UKRAINE, KYIV (Kiev) MISSION !!!

and will enter the MTC on August 1st to learn Ukrainian.

I cried too.
Last edited by John on Fri Jun 15, 2007 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Music's golden tongue flatter'd to tears this aged man and poor."
Emma

Post by Emma »

:jawdrop: wow.
The pants say: Just say no!
Ian
Site Admin

Post by Ian »

so let it be written... so let it be done.
Tuly

Post by Tuly »

o.k you all know where Betsy is going. She will give her 'talk' in our sacrament mtg. July 22nd and leaves for Provo July 27th to say her good byes to family and friends there. Our whole family are going through so many transitions it's exciting and scary at the same time. I will be in Provo June 26th to the 30th - to meet baby Jane - yipeeee!
Huntington Tracy

Post by Huntington Tracy »

It was great seeing Betsy off. Hearts were touched; tears were shed; statistics on cereal consumption were reported. Present: Betsy, Lily, Betsy, Lili, Andy, Spencer, and I.

Here's her postal address until circa October 18:

Sister Huntington
MTC mailbox #212
UKR-KIE 1018
2005 N 900 E
Provo, UT 84604-1793
Tuly

Post by Tuly »

Thank you tracy for this info. Is it Oct. 16th or the 18th? Lily, gave me the UKR-KIE 1016. thanks again to Spencer? for sending us the phone photo from the MTC it really made my day!! :D
Tuly

Post by Tuly »

o.k I just called the MTC and it is 1016.
Tuly

Re: Where in the World is Betsy Going?

Post by Tuly »

We got a call from the Ukraine, Kyev mission, letting us know that Betsy will be in Bulgaria for a week to renew her visa. :jawdrop: