Wolverine's movie

A forum for those with superhuman strength, superior mental power, and other supernatural abilities.
Tuly

Wolverine's movie

Post by Tuly »

So are we talking another Dark X-Man ? :emperor:
"Condemn me not because of mine imperfection,... but rather give thanks unto God that he hath made manifest unto you our imperfections, that ye may learn to be more wise than we have been." Mormon 9:31
Ian
Site Admin

Re: Wolverine's movie

Post by Ian »

spock-illogical.png
so let it be written... so let it be done.
Tuly

Post by Tuly »

o.k let me translate. I'm talking about X-Men Origins: Wolverine, the movie that is coming out in May 1st. Will it as violent as the The Dark Knight? hence my subtle joke, it being another Dark X-men.
"Condemn me not because of mine imperfection,... but rather give thanks unto God that he hath made manifest unto you our imperfections, that ye may learn to be more wise than we have been." Mormon 9:31
Ian
Site Admin

Post by Ian »

i don't know, the kids-in-mind.com review hasn't come out yet. i don't think the movie is even rated yet. i'll post the kids-in-mind rating here when it comes out.
Edward

Post by Edward »

From the people who saw the pre-film (which was leaked a few days ago), it's about the same as the second X-Men movie - dark, but not so brutal or nihilistic. Remember, Marvel wants their movies to appeal to a wider audience while being faithful to their core fans; one of the reasons they started their own movie company was so that they could make films that were true to the comics and free from the demands of what Hollywood wants - including the need to drive every new movie deeper and deeper into the abyss of pseudo-psychoanalytical criminal analysis. I can only imagine what the next Batman will be like. I just heard that the villains are the Penguin - and Johnny Depp as the Riddler! :horror:

Anyway, Marvel movies are always much more upbeat than other movies. I mean look at Spider-man 3; it was practically another version High School Musical with monsters and villains.
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us"
:gandalf2:
Ian
Site Admin

Post by Ian »

hopefully edward is right about marvel comic movies. last year i posted a wall street journal article about warner brothers/dc comic movies, which indicated that they are trying to make "darker" movies. here's the article: LINK
Angela

Post by Angela »

From the trailer that I saw of the new Wolverine movie, it looked pretty dark and violent. Seriously, I know that maybe I've been watching too much Charlie & Lola, and Blue's Clues lately, but I really don't think that I could watch that without clearplay. I'm a sensitive pansy, I know.
Milhouse.gif
Edward

Post by Edward »

But Angela, Wolverine is so CUTE!!!

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us"
:gandalf2:
Ian
Site Admin

Post by Ian »

here's the kids-in-mind review: LINK

i'm not going to see it... it's been getting bad reviews, anyway.