The Great Compilation Project

A forum for those with superhuman strength, superior mental power, and other supernatural abilities.
Edward

The Great Compilation Project

Post by Edward »

OK friends, so here's the deal. I want to get all information compiled and organized so that we can start moving towards a hard copy of the information in a real book format. Most of our stuff is contained in the materials as seen in Mom's edition that we gave her for her birthday. Nonetheless, many still feel that their contributions are incomplete, and we have yet to finalize the numbering system and the team's name. We also don't know what the dynamic is between Ian and Angela's "side" and the rest of the family's. Are we enemies? Rivals? What?

In order to facilitate these developments, Ian has graciously given the superheroes their own forum. I am making a bunch of threads which will be designed to help consolidate the information and get things moving towards a great group of heroes. In order to streamline the effort, most threads will be one-time things where you will put in your information and then edit what is there so that we don't have five million posts with each change or addition we make. Please cooperate and contribute to this, as I would like to see all the information finalized by Christmas if possible.

Thank you!!!
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us"
:gandalf2:
Edward

Post by Edward »

Oh and Ian, if you could make this a sticky that would help. This is basically the introductory thread right here.
Tuly

Post by Tuly »

Yeah Edward the dream lives on! :banana:
"Condemn me not because of mine imperfection,... but rather give thanks unto God that he hath made manifest unto you our imperfections, that ye may learn to be more wise than we have been." Mormon 9:31
Edward

Post by Edward »

Ah! It's a sticky! Thank you!

Now let the work begin.........
Edward

Re: The Great Compilation Project

Post by Edward »

Alright! I am going to begin a new phase in the development of our (ever nameless) team. I will start a thread for each individual character, the which each person will be allowed to edit according to their desires with the input of the team. To do this, could I request Ian that you e-mail me the bio's for each character? just send them one at a time so that I can put them up here after I've revised them - I will work on each one individually.

Part of the reason I'm doing this is because now my friends in the ward have gotten so caught up in this that they are coming over all the time to have me design costumes, write bio's, and best of all, begin the script for what will soon be a ward movie featuring the Utah County Student Chapter of our superhero team, led by me!
Steve

Post by Steve »

Wait, wait, wait...since when did we authorize this chapter? So like, is abandoning your team and going off to form a new one a special ability of yours?
When God can do what he will with a man, the man may do what he will with the world.     ~George MacDonald
Edward

Post by Edward »

Steve wrote:Wait, wait, wait...since when did we authorize this chapter? So like, is abandoning your team and going off to form a new one a special ability of yours?
Heavens no! You see, while my friends and I were in California, many of them discovered they had special abilities of their own, and wanted to help us in the Cause of Truth! So, using my psionic gifts, I've been helping them to develop their powers as they have united themselves to our team - mostly because they love Mom-Lady.

Unfortunately, some have chosen to use their gifts for gain and power, so we here are caught up trying to stop them from terrorizing the whole world in our own battles in Utah. My loyalty has never been in question. They want to be part of our team, and their worth will ultimately be determined by how willing they are to fight the battles for freedom here in our BYU ward.

Besides, you've never been all that united to the team either. Wasn't it you who perceived yourself as more of a maverick than a member, K?
Edward

Post by Edward »

OK, so I am going to make a thread for each member of the team so that everybody can have a place to read over their biographies, put up pictures, and make whatever comments are necessary. That means a ton of new threads, which will be filled as time goes on. I'll make all the threads, which means that if you want changes made in your character just post your ideas and I'll edit them accordingly. So contribute!
Edward

Post by Edward »

You'll notice I am now posting the Bio's and have been editing them pretty harshly. Keep checking them for updates!
Lily

Post by Lily »

I think Edward should also be known as "Psuper Psitter" -- thanks again for watching Jane tonight!
:clap:
Edward

Post by Edward »

Aw gee, it was nothing . . . .

Oh by the way, Ian, I've marked the pictures you can include here, so if you wanna include them in whatever threads you feel they're best in let me know - probably put the character pictures up with their bio's. AND, almost every bio has been very heavily edited, so read over them and if you have ideas, suggestions, or changes, make it known!
Edward

Post by Edward »

I have begun what is to be an intensive revision of all the biographies; Ann's is almost complete and they will all be going through very heavy rewrites where necessary. Summaries that have been edited so far include

Edward
Bryn
Mom
Dad
Emma

All of the others will be carefully reworked over the course of the next few days, and if you have any suggestions, additions, comments or questions, please let me know by posting them in the appropriate thread (for example, if Bryn wanted to add something to his BIO, he would make a note of such in the Bryn - ? thread (speaking of which, we are trying to think of a good name for Bryn - any ideas? (put them in the Bryn thread, please ))). As I noted, Ann's will be complete shortly, and I have yet to receive Ian's biography too, though Bryn and I have some definite ideas for you to consider first, Ian. Also, BETSY AND MICAH! Join us, please! We never have learned what you can do, Betsy, and Micah, feel free to tell us what your powers are and JOIN US in our efforts to save the world and better humanity! Hooray and huzzah!

:fireworks: