The moment you been waiting for!

All registered users can post here.
John

recipe submissions

Post by John »

Where and when should recipes be submitted? I'm-a-ready to roll as soon as the recipe link is set up. Or is it already up and I just sit here in the cyberdark? :oops:
"Music's golden tongue flatter'd to tears this aged man and poor."
Emma

Post by Emma »

i know some yummy, frothyish drinks! :D
The pants say: Just say no!
Mindy

Post by Mindy »

I have to agree with the potato soup dish. Rarely have I tasted many things that delectable. I would also love Betsy's thumbprint cookie recipe (the one from Ann and Bryn's wedding) and the recipe for (I know I'm going to spell this wrong) Papas reillies - that yummy stuffed potato thing.

And for the record, I have loved everything I have ever eaten at the Huntington household, and count myself fortunate for each savory experience.
Whaaa Happened?
Tuly

Post by Tuly »

Hey! guys, I have the Hackings pasta salad and the chicken curry recipe in our recipes section.
"Condemn me not because of mine imperfection,... but rather give thanks unto God that he hath made manifest unto you our imperfections, that ye may learn to be more wise than we have been." Mormon 9:31
Oh! Susanna

Post by Oh! Susanna »

I would like the Gretchen's Bavarian apple tart recipe I keep hearing about. So I can spend some MONEY on the ingredients for our FAMILY HOME EVENING treat sometime and we can some consume some UNNECESSARY calories
Lily

Post by Lily »

Okay, team. Dad's shortbread and Mom's rolls are now up and running. Dad, could you post your stuffing recipe, please??
Angela

Post by Angela »

YAY for lily!!
Aunt Betsy

Post by Aunt Betsy »

Oh I want all those recipes mentioned! And I'm especially eager at present for the Hazelnut Cake and for Gretchen's Apple torte. Or is that tort? Which one is the legal term? Because that tort is definitely sinful. Which isn't to say it's a crime.

Hey, does anyone want instructions for Grandma Grace's cheese carrots and pumpkins? Or are those so simple that no instructions are needed?

I also have Florence Justin's Cinnamon Nuts recipe (via Grandma Grace).
Un oeuf is enough.
Lily

Post by Lily »

Hooray for the yummy frothy drinks! Steve's gonna LOVE these!!! :w00:
Tuly

Post by Tuly »

I'll be more than happy to post my recipe for stuffing, but would vigorously encourage Aunt Betsy to post hers, since I'm rather certain that hers will much more closely parallel our parents', which was DIVINE, and is that which I vainly have tried to replicate. For one thing, I don't exhibit the patience my mother and dad had to toast their own bread cubes. I use either Mrs. Cubbisons or Pepperidge Farms herb-seasoned cubes. The list of my other ingredients, though, I think is a reasonable facsimile of the Uhrrezept, and the posting is forthcoming on the appropriate page, as will be the Hazelnut cake ("Omi Hoffmann's Haselnusskuchen). By the way, the correct word is "Torte", and it is a two-syllable word independant of any legal connotations, as far as I am aware.
But touche, Aunt Betsy.
"Condemn me not because of mine imperfection,... but rather give thanks unto God that he hath made manifest unto you our imperfections, that ye may learn to be more wise than we have been." Mormon 9:31
John

Post by John »

:oops: In case you were confused by the previous post, that was actually I, Dad, responding, not realizing that I was logged in by Mom. sollycholly.
"Music's golden tongue flatter'd to tears this aged man and poor."
Aunt Betsy

Post by Aunt Betsy »

Oh now your Dad's stuffing is just as good as mine. Mom & Dad (I guess that's Grandma and Grandpa to the most of you) were committed to making it right, hence the cubing and toasting (or air-drying, if they cubed the bread soon enough), but that was in the day's before good commercial bread cubes were available. Sometime after I left home, and apparently after your Dad left home too) they started using Mrs. Cubbison's (etc.) gratefully.
Un oeuf is enough.
Angela

Post by Angela »

Lily,
Most if not all of the Yummy Frothy Drinks are from "Uncle" Robbie. The only one that I'm certain is not his, is Emma's Pineapple Strawberry Bubbly thing. It's the only one I've tried and man is it delish! :purebliss:
Betsy

Post by Betsy »

um so yeah i just posted gretchen's apple torte recipe for all those who are in the mood for that. :righton:
Oh! Susanna

Post by Oh! Susanna »

I'm sorry, but being the unpenitent food snob that I am, and having settled this question years ago with Patrick, I just have to correct this one. If we want to get technical (I do), Gretchen's recipe is neither a tort or a torte. It is a tart. A torte is usually a dense, rich cake; usually with little or no flour and sometimes ground nuts instead of flour, and is leavened with eggs instead of baking powder. It is also often filled with cream, ganache, or buttercream. And thank you so much for the recipe!