MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Birthdays, anniversaries and holidays.
Tuly

Re: MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Post by Tuly »

December 11th - Jesus ministered to children and so can you. - Mark 10:13-14
I have been blessed to have the opportunity to minister to children all my life. My personal way to minister to children; one on one.
"Condemn me not because of mine imperfection,... but rather give thanks unto God that he hath made manifest unto you our imperfections, that ye may learn to be more wise than we have been." Mormon 9:31
Tuly

Post by Tuly »

December 12 - Jesus taught others and so can you. - Matthew 5:1-3
I love family home evening. I basically have three FHE's - one were we read to Derick a General Conference talk, two were I read the Book of Mormon in Spanish with Mami and the third one where dad, Edward and I take turns giving a FHE lesson. The lesson is based on what Sunday School or Relief Society/Priesthood lesson is coming up on Sunday. We have so many opportunities to teach every day.
"Condemn me not because of mine imperfection,... but rather give thanks unto God that he hath made manifest unto you our imperfections, that ye may learn to be more wise than we have been." Mormon 9:31
Tuly

Post by Tuly »

December 13 - Jesus showed humility and so can you. - Luke 22:41-42
I have been blessed to know many people who are great examples of humility and the beauty of it is they are not aware of their humility.
Tuly

Post by Tuly »

December 14 - Jesus taught us to clothe the naked and you can help. - Matthew 25:38-40
I'm grateful for Deseret Industries that gives us an opportunity to give and help clothe those who are in need.
Tuly

Post by Tuly »

December 15 - Jesus worshipped through song and so can you - Matthew 26:26-30
We are blessed to listen to beautiful music everyday by listening to KUSC and today we will be caroling with the cub scouts.
Tuly

Post by Tuly »

December 16 - Jesus showed compassion and so can you. - Matthew 14:14
Because I can be a bit of a cynic, compassion is a characteristic I need to work on real hard.
Tuly

Post by Tuly »

December 17 - Jesus cared for his mother and so can you. - John 19:25-27
I'm blessed to still have my mother with me and I love caring for her.
Tuly

Post by Tuly »

December 18 - Jesus honored the Sabbath and so can you. - Matthew 12:11-13
I love the wonderful opportunity that we get to worship our Father in Heaven and His Son every Sunday. May we never take that for granted.
Tuly

Post by Tuly »

December 19 - Jesus calmed the storm and so can you. - Mark 4:37-40
I like that one of the suggestions on how to participate this day is to "reduce contention in your home."
Tuly

Post by Tuly »

December 20 - Jesus saw potential in others and so can you. - Mark 1:17
As parents we get to see the great potential of our children daily.
Tuly

Post by Tuly »

December 21st - First day of winter - Jesus forgave others and so can you. Matthew 18:21-22

I love the suggestion to be kind instead of right for an entire day or week. I will try that.
Tuly

Post by Tuly »

December 22 - Jesus showed gratitude and so can you. Luke 10:21

I read President Uchtdorf's past General Conference talk - O How Great the Plan of Our God! I love the question he asks.
Do we take spiritual truths for granted?
Tuly

Post by Tuly »

December 23 - Jesus was a peacemaker and you can be one too. - Matthew 5:9

I have noticed that people who are great listeners are usually peacemakers also.
Tuly

Post by Tuly »

December 24 - Christmas Eve - Jesus cared for his loved ones and so can you. John 11:5-6

I'm grateful to care for loved ones daily and that I'm cared for too.
Tuly

Post by Tuly »

December 25 - Jesus's disciples followed him and so can we. - Luke 9:23

I have loved this kind of advent initiative. I love having Christmas on the Sabbath day - what better way to follow the Savior by going to His church.