Happy Birthday Ann!

Birthdays, anniversaries and holidays.
Bryn

Re: Happy Birthday Ann!

Post by Bryn »

Slight change of plans. I'm making British meat pies. If I can get this to work, I think empanadas should be pretty similar.
Widerstehe doch der Sünde
Lily

Post by Lily »

If my understanding of British cuisine serves me, sounds like you're having pasties!

Wishing you a very happy birthday, Ann! We missed you in June, but look forward to seeing you soon...and having you in closer proximity, too. Hope your day is filled with fun, love, and much celebration!

:djparty:
Angela

Post by Angela »

happy birthday, and we all hope you enjoy the delicious treats that Bryn concocts.
Ann

Post by Ann »

Thank you all for the birthday wishes. Bryn's meat pies were delicious. The German chocolate cake was also great, though unfortunately Caleb startled Bryn as he was pouring the vanilla into the chocolate frosting, causing him to spill in much more than the recipe called for. It was still great, and after a few days the alcohol from the extract dissipated to the point where it could not be detected in the cake or in our behavior.
Angela

Post by Angela »

ahhh, the joys of little children in the kitchen.

Usually I just knock them over because one of them will sneak up behind me and wait for me to step backwards or turn around. I've considered putting bell collars on each of them but I question whether I need one in every color for each child so as to coordinate with what they're wearing.
Steve

Post by Steve »

Angela, you could just get them those "squeak squeak" tennis shoes that some kids are wearing here in Utah. I can't tell, though, whether they act as a safety device or more as an invitation to child predators: "over here!" "over here!" "over here!"

So long as none of us are driving in the next few hours, Lily always adds a little extra vanilla to everything. At first I don't like it, but by the time I'm on my twelfth piece, I'm usually enjoying myself.
When God can do what he will with a man, the man may do what he will with the world.     ~George MacDonald
Angela

Post by Angela »

steve, you had to bring up child predators in the celebrations section of the website, well done sir. I did have a good laugh at what the squeaking shoes translates to predators, though.

I actually had to look up what the squeaking shoes were. Man there are some seriously stupid "inventors" out there.
Tuly

Post by Tuly »

Happy Birthday Ann. I love you!!! :happybirthday:
"Condemn me not because of mine imperfection,... but rather give thanks unto God that he hath made manifest unto you our imperfections, that ye may learn to be more wise than we have been." Mormon 9:31
Steve

Post by Steve »

Happy birthday to you! :!:
When God can do what he will with a man, the man may do what he will with the world.     ~George MacDonald
Ian
Site Admin

Post by Ian »

happy birthday!
so let it be written... so let it be done.
Angela

Post by Angela »

ann4.jpg
John

Post by John »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY
funny-birthday-greetings-old-german-birthday-card.jpg
"Music's golden tongue flatter'd to tears this aged man and poor."
Edward

Post by Edward »

Happy Birthday Ann! Go out and do something relaxing with the boys today!

:djparty:
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us"
:gandalf2:
Lily

Post by Lily »

I'm late! We decided to celebrate your birthday by driving in the car for several hours. ;)
ann.jpg
Ann

Post by Ann »

Thanks. Bryn made the BEST CAKE EVER!!! There were so many candles that we almost set Bryn's shirt ablaze!
birthday.jpg