Iron Man

A forum for those with superhuman strength, superior mental power, and other supernatural abilities.
Tuly

Iron Man

Post by Tuly »

I figured I review the movie Iron Man in this section. We saw the movie yesterday, and frankly I enjoyed it...a lot. I'm not moralising the character or movie, but I appreciated that Tony Sparks/Iron Man, doesn't make any bones that he led a ronchy life before he became Iron Man. Batman who also is very rich reminded me of somewhat the concept of Iron Man except Tony Sparks is very intelligent (he graduated from MIT after all!!). Mind you I like all super hero movies. Do most super heroes have brown/black hair? and are most bad guys balding or bald? Warning there is an inappropriate three minute scene in the beginning of the movie.
"Condemn me not because of mine imperfection,... but rather give thanks unto God that he hath made manifest unto you our imperfections, that ye may learn to be more wise than we have been." Mormon 9:31
Angela

Re: Iron Man

Post by Angela »

Right now, Iron Man is my favorite superhero. Probably for the same reasons as mom, he's super intelligent very crafty, and he repents of his former life. I thought that even though Robert Downey Jr. was totally typecast for this role, he really was perfect for it. Also, amazingly, the leading lady didn't make me want to reach into the screen and slap her upside the head! There was a scene where I thought she was totally monotone even though she should have been slightly hysterical, other than that she really did a good job. Kudos to the writers for not having the
love interest" be the main focus for the film. Oh and Samuel L. Jackson as Nick Fury, AWESOME!
Edward

Post by Edward »

I have yet to see it, but I've heard nothing but good so far. I did, however, see Prince Caspian, and while I love The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe, I have much less good to say about this film. Fans of clean, wholesome, and delightful children's movies will love it. Anybody who knows anything about Prince Caspian will not like it. Ian will hate it.
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us"
:gandalf2:
Lily

Post by Lily »

Okay, so now I totally want to see Iron Man. And actually Edward, your funny review kind of makes me want to see Prince Caspian. In a weird, progressive dislike kind of way (I know, that makes no sense...it was just a funny progression in my head).
Angela

Post by Angela »

I think I can safely say that I hated Disney's version of The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe. Liam Neesen? Oh come on.... he's such a pansy. Nearly anyone would've been better that that wimp. Disney is the devil. :evil:
Edward

Post by Edward »

Nobody is safe from Disney . . .
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us"
:gandalf2:
Tuly

Post by Tuly »

So any word about Iron Man II out there?
"Condemn me not because of mine imperfection,... but rather give thanks unto God that he hath made manifest unto you our imperfections, that ye may learn to be more wise than we have been." Mormon 9:31
Tuly

Post by Tuly »

I watched Iron Man 3 which I felt was better than Iron Man 2. I'm interested in Thor 2 coming in a few weeks.