Favorite Superhero Movie?

A forum for those with superhuman strength, superior mental power, and other supernatural abilities.
Edward

Favorite Superhero Movie?

Post by Edward »

So of all the superhero movies that have been made so far, which is your favorite, and why? Is there one you're looking forward to? We're putting together a Superhero movie week and we're trying to know which ones are the best to watch.

I was just watching the X-Men films and I had forgotten how cool they were - after all, that's kind of what got us started. I just like seeing all the different powers and the mix of cool characters, like Jean Grey, Nightcrawler and Beast. And actually, I like them all equally, though the second is pretty much the best. As for what I'm lookikng forward to, I can't wait to see the Captain America movie when it comes out in 2010. It should be so cool! I've always loved Captain America, so I hope they do as good a job with him as they did with Iron Man.
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us"
:gandalf2:
Ian
Site Admin

Re: Favorite Superhero Movie?

Post by Ian »

title_pumaman.jpg
so let it be written... so let it be done.
Tuly

Post by Tuly »

I guess for me it would be Iron Man,( we just watched again this weekend), I like that he is not hiding that he is a super hero and has a great costume.
"Condemn me not because of mine imperfection,... but rather give thanks unto God that he hath made manifest unto you our imperfections, that ye may learn to be more wise than we have been." Mormon 9:31
Steve

Post by Steve »

Hmm, might have to give my nod to Pumaman as well. Are there any car roofs he cannot tear through?! Cool thing with Ironman is that he protects his identity by telling people he's Iron Man. Everyone laughs and nobody believes it. Closer he is to danger, the further he is from harm. Lily and I both enjoyed Iron Man. I also liked Spider-man's character effects in the recent films--we finally have a character who moves around like the real deal (not the stiff-necked, turn-whole-body-around-to-see-who's-standing-next-to-him Batman).

I gotta admit, I didn't care for the X-men films. At all. Not one of them treats the characters as I perceive them in the comics.
When God can do what he will with a man, the man may do what he will with the world.     ~George MacDonald
Ian
Site Admin

Post by Ian »

i don't like most superhero movies. my only "favorites" are the hulk, the incredibles, maybe iron man, and maybe unbreakable. everything else is too flawed.
Edward

Post by Edward »

Wait wait, but Iron Man is known for being one of the only public superheroes in the Marvel universe. People actually do know that he's Iron Man, which is a big part of his character.

Oh, and I love The Incredibles too, but I've never seen Unbreakable. What's it about?
Ian
Site Admin

Post by Ian »

unbreakable is by "the guy who did sixth sense." some people like it, a lot don't (kind of like hulk). i would recommend watching it but try not to let anyone spoil the plot for you. it's not my favorite movie in the world but at least it's not your typical formulaic hollywood mass-appeal big-budget superhero film.
Edward

Post by Edward »

But I like my typical formulaic hollywood mass-appeal big-budget superhero films!
Steve

Post by Steve »

Iron Man's identity is only really known as a result of the Marvel Civil War story line where heroes take sides over the public debate. I believe even Spider-man reveals his identity in that arc.

Liked "Unbreakable", didn't care for "Hulk". Haven't seen the new "Hulk".
When God can do what he will with a man, the man may do what he will with the world.     ~George MacDonald
Ian
Site Admin

Post by Ian »

i'm pretty sure iron man revealed his identity to the public a few times before the recent civil war storyline. he was even secretary of defense or something like that.

i'm one of the few who liked ang lee's hulk. i think the dogs are stupid but i love the comic book style of the film. i think hulk against the tanks is my favorite superhero movie scene.
Edward

Post by Edward »

Ian wrote:i'm pretty sure iron man revealed his identity to the public a few times before the recent civil war storyline. he was even secretary of defense or something like that.

That is correct; in fact, it was one of the factors which led to that storyline taking place. His long-known public identity, combined with his desire to impose that same publicity on every superhero in the Marvel Universe, led to the massive strife which would ultimately lead to a civil war and the death of Captain America by an assassin, taking place in the comics just a year or two ago. It really made me hate Iron Man; only in the movie do I like him, because in the comics he's a massive, arrogant fool. I just hope the movie version of Captain America is as good; I know the guy who did Iron Man is really itching to direct it.
Ian
Site Admin

Post by Ian »

iron man did not have a "long-known public identity." his identity has remained hidden from the public most of the time. he would tell the public that iron man was his bodyguard. i think his identity was revealed occasionally, but the civil war stuff developed recently.
Edward

Post by Edward »

So, Kenneth Branagh is in talks to direct Thor. I really have no idea what to think about that. Any thoughts?

Image + Image = ?
Last edited by Edward on Fri Nov 14, 2008 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tuly

Post by Tuly »

Whoa!! I know he likes to direct Shakespeare, but Thor?!!! :roll:
"Condemn me not because of mine imperfection,... but rather give thanks unto God that he hath made manifest unto you our imperfections, that ye may learn to be more wise than we have been." Mormon 9:31
Tuly

Post by Tuly »

There are a few Superhero movies coming out this summer 2011. Any good ones out there?