Superhero General Information

A forum for those with superhuman strength, superior mental power, and other supernatural abilities.

Some want to determine the points of power by using a set number of points to distribute between the catagories. All points start at one. How many points should be given?

Poll ended at Sat Jun 10, 2006 11:08 pm

20 points per person
56%
21 points per person
No votes
22 points per person
44%

Total votes: 9

Edward

Post by Edward »

Well Steve, here are your answers:

--the images will be about 3/4's of a page, so that each hero has a fancy splash image just like in the book.
--the bios ought to be about a page long. They will be formatted to match the book.
--the meters will be done just like the book, yes. We'll find a way to do that soon.
--this is how the pages will be done: every image and bio will be put into the computer, where we will format them to look as much like the book as possible. How they are arranged on the page and all the design aspects will be taken care of ONCE WE FINISH THE BIOS AND CHARACTERS. However, it will be the same style, lettering, and layout as Mom's marvel dictionary, so we need time to work that out. In other words, my friends, we need to hurry so that we can get to work on this. Remember, we are essentially (in fact quite literally) replicating the book.
--the only way to include more questions is to ask them.

Thank you, keep working!!!
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us"
:gandalf2:
andy

Book

Post by andy »

Hey Edward, could we get a photo or scan of what the pages from the book look like? I don't know if a link to a photo would be asking too much, but I think it might help. It's been too long since I've seen it.
Betsy

Post by Betsy »

nobody's taking my poll!
Mindy

Capes and Things

Post by Mindy »

Andy, I left my Spider Man series copy of the Marvel mag at Steve and Lily's for you to peruse. Had you been there on Saturday, you might have a head start, but apparently other things are more important . . .

I digress.

My real purpose for this post was some feedback. As I take a moment to work on my superhero background, powers, etc., I was thinking about costume possibilities. Here is my question and I would welcome any replies. Why capes? We learn from the Incredibles what a bad idea they are. But why are they a good idea? What purpose to they serve? Why would one go to the trouble of buying all that extra red fabric?

Just wondering. I think I need to go to bed. Good night all!
Whaaa Happened?
andy

Capes n' stuff

Post by andy »

Mindy, sorry I missed out on Saturday. I'm swimming in a sea of academic academia right now.

There is something majestic about capes. I think it sets superheroes apart from the commoners. Simple jumpsuits make you look like an elite police unit, but not a superhero, in my opinion. I'd be fine with whatever though.

By the way, when are these due?

And Betsy- is that the tanner building in the background of your picture?
Edward

DUE DATES

Post by Edward »

Hmm...due dates...OK, I want all the bios by FRIDAY NIGHT so I can synthesize them and start to format them. I want costumes by SATURDAY AFTERNOON (around 5-6) so we can start illustrating them now. Numbers need to be done soon; Bryn and Ann have yet to vote and also we might possibly need to fine-tune the categories. Mindy, I might add, had the COOLEST BIO EVER--let's see what you others come up with. We need to get these done, so let's move it! Costumes and bios!

Any by the way, capes are cool when you are drawing superheros. They add movement to an otherwise static picture, and can show lines of motion that spandex just don't show. It's more of an artistic purpose really, for the illustrator. They are practically useless, but asthetically pleasing. And maybe they keep you warm; spandex sure don't.
Last edited by Edward on Wed Jun 14, 2006 2:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Betsy

Post by Betsy »

I'm sure the LAST thing a person swimming in a sea of academic academia would want is more due dates. And for me, I just hate due dates in general.

Oh, and thats the JFSB behind me in the picture. I was on the top floor spitting spitballs at people below. Hence the evil face.
Edward

Post by Edward »

If the JFSB is behind you, how can you be on the top floor?

Anyway, I know that dates can be rough, but this needs to get going. Adjustments will be made as we go along, but the dates stay--it's gotta get done. If Mindy can write almost two pages of stuff (which she did), I'm sure you all can get at least a page. Mine only took about 20 minutes; I'll also be helping with Margaret's and Emma's, and anyone who wants the help. Thanks a lot team!

Peace
Mindy

Post by Mindy »

For the record, I feel like I should add som sort of disclaimer. I did not set out to write the longest bio ever, but something happens to a person at midnight and my fingers just kept typing. So, please do not look to me as an example, I was just having too too much fun with it all.

And thanks for the cape feedback. I am considering that option.
Whaaa Happened?
Bryn

Post by Bryn »

Well, I think that a 22 point system is fine, because my intelligence is at 7 and my understanding of math is beyond finite comprehension. Thus, your 22 point system is equivilant to MY 1000 point system! :twisted: SO, be it as you wish. 22 points! BHA ha HA! BHA ha HA! BWA haha HA!

PS how do you spell "intelegent"?
Widerstehe doch der Sünde
John

Post by John »

:twisted: good. :twisted: We have lured Bryn into our web. :twisted: Now get Ann to take part, and all will be well! :twisted:
"Music's golden tongue flatter'd to tears this aged man and poor."
Edward

EDIT--As we now stand...

Post by Edward »

Whoa, chill with the devils Dad, it's kinda creepy. I think the forum closed before Bryn voted, which leaves us at...a tie. We just need to know what Ann thinks.

So here's a round up of what we have so far--WARNING LONG POST AHEAD (but it needs to be...)! What we need are power, bio, costumes, names, art, and numbers. Here is what everybody DOES have:

Dad--Powers, costume, name, bio
Mom--Powers, costume, name, bio
Ian--Powers, costume, name, bio
Angela--Powers, costume, name, bio
Steve--Powers, costume, name(s)
Lily--Name
Bryn--Powers, costume, bio
Ann--Powers
Edward--Powers, costume, bio, name, art
Betsy--zip
Margaret--Powers, costume, name, art
Emma--Powers, costume, name, bio
Mindy--Powers, bio, costume, name
Andy--nill

Let's get moving people--the drawings are turning out great! I'm having lots of fun with it!
Last edited by Edward on Wed Jun 21, 2006 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steve

Post by Steve »

Steve--Powers, costume, name)s)
Oops. Uh, actually, my costume's changed since that first creation of mine. I realized how fast I'd have to be, so I revamped the design. Smaller, toned body--lots of guns. I'll work on it once finals are over tomorrow.
When God can do what he will with a man, the man may do what he will with the world.     ~George MacDonald
Angela

Post by Angela »

Actually, oliver and I haven't voted yet.
Edward

OK then...

Post by Edward »

Well Steve, good luck on finals! Once you have a chance, sit down with Lily and get it all done--everybody is desperate to figure out just what the deal is with your mysterious hero. And Lily has a really cool name--but we know nothing about her yet! :(

Angela and Oliver, just tell me in person what your votes are and I will put up the results as they stand. I have just about finished the first drawing (of me), so I'll scan it for all of you to behold. Thanks everybody!