Happy Father's Day!!

Birthdays, anniversaries and holidays.
Tuly

Happy Father's Day!!

Post by Tuly »

Happy Father's Day all you wonderful Dads ( and soon to be Dad)!!

President Harold B. Lee stated that “the most important of the Lord’s work that you [fathers] will ever do will be the work you do within the walls of your own home. Home teaching, bishopric’s work, and other Church duties are all important, but the most important work is within the walls of your home” (Strengthening the Home, pamphlet, 1973, p. 7).

Thank you for making us the most important work in your lives.
"Condemn me not because of mine imperfection,... but rather give thanks unto God that he hath made manifest unto you our imperfections, that ye may learn to be more wise than we have been." Mormon 9:31
Ian
Site Admin

Re: Happy Father's Day!!

Post by Ian »

kaneklapqo6.gif
so let it be written... so let it be done.
Lily

Post by Lily »

I am so grateful for all the good fathers in my life. Love to you!

:faramireowyn:
Steve

Post by Steve »

I too am grateful for our good fathers. As I've begun to better understand the role of fatherhood in my own family, I'm only more grateful for all of the sacrifices and efforts from those good men. Thanks for the examples. Happy Father's Day to all the dads and dads-to-be! Image
When God can do what he will with a man, the man may do what he will with the world.     ~George MacDonald
Tuly

Post by Tuly »

Happy Father's Day - John, Ian, Steve, and Bryn. I love you and admire you. How blessed I am to have you so close to us today.
"Condemn me not because of mine imperfection,... but rather give thanks unto God that he hath made manifest unto you our imperfections, that ye may learn to be more wise than we have been." Mormon 9:31
margaret

Post by margaret »

The love i treasure for my father fulfills and builds me everyday- whether i realize it in the moment or not. I am always moving upwards, thanks to him. Thank you forever Daddy!

Also- thanks to all other family fathers. You are all outstanding people in my life. You ones are in win!!!!

:)
How long shall i wait before it's too soon? What a vibrant violet...oh no no no no, do not be so shocked- i will be the first to believe in you. Who is that again? Ah, yes...tea time at midnight; you sweet thing! I will always say hello. Farewell!
Tuly

Post by Tuly »

I love this quote on Book of Mormon fathers. Happy Father's Day you great men of courage!!

[quote]Just as the mothers reared sons of great faith and courage, the fathers sacrificed in delivering provisions to their sons. (Alma 56:27.) Though the Ammonite fathers would not bear arms, they gave "a large portion of their substance" in support of the Nephite armies. (Alma 43:13.)[/quote]
Angela

Post by Angela »

Happy Father's Day!
Tuly

Post by Tuly »

I know I'm one day early to honor the wonderful dad's in our family but this is from John's journal (I tried copying it the same way it was written in his journal). I get weepy every time I read it. This took place in our NY apartment, around 1982.
A sweet tender moment tonight with Lily -
I was holding her and Ian and remarking to them how lucky I was
to have them sent me from Heavenly Father, when suddenly Lily
burst into tears. In alarm, I asked what the matter was. She
looked at me with tears streaming, put her hands on my cheeks
and said, "I'm scared to grow up." I held her close and asked
why and she said, "I don't want my Daddy's face to get old."
I tried to comfort her, but she said, "Someday I'm going to grow up
and you won't look like this any more. I always want you to look
just like you do right now."
I told her that even though my face would change,
my feelings and love for her would never change and that
how a person looks is not as important as how a person feels
and acts. But I knew that what we needed most was not
words but to hold each other. We went to the bathroom,
sat down on the floor and held each other till she felt happy
and secure again.
Happy Father's Day all you wonderful dad's!!
John

Post by John »

Well...
I certainly don't look like that anymore.
But the only change in my feelings for Lily - and the rest of you -
is a deepening.

Happy Fathers' Day, all.

"God of our Fathers, whose almighty hand,
Leads forth in beauty all the starry band,
...Be Thou our ruler, guardian, guide and stay;
Thy word, our law; thy paths, our chosen way.
"Music's golden tongue flatter'd to tears this aged man and poor."
John

Post by John »

To Ian and Steve and Bryn and Micah,
images.jpg
Happy Fathers' Day
"Music's golden tongue flatter'd to tears this aged man and poor."
Lily

Post by Lily »

Ah yes, sometimes I can be so painfully nostalgic! But through that aging face I continue to feel love and comfort. I am beyond satisfied with my childhood and now, in adulthood, I am deeply grateful for the good man we all call "Dad." Happy Father's Day to you, Dad, and all the Dads now among us!
Tuly

Post by Tuly »

I feel grateful to celebrate Father's Day with three dads of our family. I appreciated this quote by President Monson, it reminded me so much of your father.

“Father, like Mother, is ever willing to sacrifice his own comfort for that of his children. Daily he toils to provide the necessities of life, never complaining, ever concerned for the well-being of his family. This love for children, this desire to see them well and happy, is a constant in a time of change” (Thomas S. Monson, “An Attitude of Gratitude,” Apr. 1992 general conference).
Tuly

Post by Tuly »

Happy Father's Day all you fantastic fathers!!!
Tuly

Post by Tuly »

Happy Father's Day - John, Ian, Bryn, someday father Edward, Steve, Micah and James. We are better mothers because we have devoted fathers.