Happy Joseph Smith Jr. Birthday and Uncle Jason

Birthdays, anniversaries and holidays.
Tuly

Happy Joseph Smith Jr. Birthday and Uncle Jason

Post by Tuly »

Doctrine and Covenants 135:3

3)Joseph Smith, the Prophet and Seer of the Lord, has done more, save Jesus only, for the salvation of men in this world, than any other man that ever lived in it. In the short space of twenty years, he has brought forth the Book of Mormon, which he translated by the gift and power of God, and has been the means of publishing it on two continents; has sent the fulness of the everlasting gospel, which it contained, to the four quarters of the earth; has brought forth the revelations and commandments which compose this book of Doctrine and Covenants, and many other wise documents and instructions for the benefit of the children of men; gathered many thousands of the Latter-day Saints, founded a great city, and left a fame and name that cannot be slain. He lived great, and he died great in the eyes of God and his people; and like most of the Lord’s anointed in ancient times, has sealed his mission and his works with his own blood; and so has his brother Hyrum. In life they were not divided, and in death they were not separated!
"Condemn me not because of mine imperfection,... but rather give thanks unto God that he hath made manifest unto you our imperfections, that ye may learn to be more wise than we have been." Mormon 9:31
Ian
Site Admin

Re: Happy Joseph Smith Jr. Birthday and Uncle Jason

Post by Ian »

joseph smith was/is a true prophet, no doubt.
so let it be written... so let it be done.
Tuly

Post by Tuly »

Happy Birthday Joseph Smith Jr. and Jason -
Extracts from the History of Joseph Smith, the Prophet

24 However, it was nevertheless a fact that I had beheld a vision. I have thought since, that I felt much like Paul, when he made his defense before King Agrippa, and related the account of the vision he had when he saw a light, and heard a voice; but still there were but few who believed him; some said he was dishonest, others said he was mad; and he was ridiculed and reviled. But all this did not destroy the reality of his vision. He had seen a vision, he knew he had, and all the persecution under heaven could not make it otherwise; and though they should persecute him unto death, yet he knew, and would know to his latest breath, that he had both seen a light and heard a voice speaking unto him, and all the world could not make him think or believe otherwise.

25 So it was with me. I had actually seen a light, and in the midst of that light I saw two Personages, and they did in reality speak to me; and though I was hated and persecuted for saying that I had seen a vision, yet it was true; and while they were persecuting me, reviling me, and speaking all manner of evil against me falsely for so saying, I was led to say in my heart: Why persecute me for telling the truth? I have actually seen a vision; and who am I that I can withstand God, or why does the world think to make me deny what I have actually seen? For I had seen a vision; I knew it, and I knew that God knew it, and I could not deny it, neither dared I do it; at least I knew that by so doing I would offend God, and come under condemnation.
"Condemn me not because of mine imperfection,... but rather give thanks unto God that he hath made manifest unto you our imperfections, that ye may learn to be more wise than we have been." Mormon 9:31
Tuly

Post by Tuly »

I will be forever grateful for Joseph Smith Jr he was a true martyr to many.
Tuly

Post by Tuly »

Joseph Smith Quotes

That friendship which intelligent beings would accept as sincere must arise from love, and that love grows out of virtue, which is as much a part of religion as light is a part of Jehovah. (History of the Church, 6:73.)

Wise men ought to have understanding enough to conquer men with kindness. "A soft answer turneth away wrath," says the wise man; and it will be greatly to the credit of the Latter-day Saints to show the love of God, by now kindly treating those who may have, in an unconscious moment, done wrong; for truly said Jesus, Pray for thine enemies. (History of the Church, 6:219; paragraph divisions altered.)

If we would secure and cultivate the love of others, we must love others, even our enemies as well as friends. . . . [People] ask, "Why is it this babbler gains so many followers, and retains them?" I answer, It is because I possess the principle of love. All I can offer the world is a good heart and a good hand. (History of the Church, 5:498; paragraph divisions altered.)
Tuly

Post by Tuly »

5 Joseph Smith quotes from The Joseph Smith Papers book.
1. “I was grieved to hear that Hiram [Hyrum Smith] had lost his little Child I think we Can in Some degree simpathise with him but we all must be reconciled to our lots and Say the will of the Lord be done.”
--Letter to Emma Smith, 6 June 1832

2. “I know that Zion, in the own due time of the Lord will be redeemed, but how many will be the days of her purification, tribulation and afflictions, the Lord has kept hid from my eyes; and when I enquire concerning this subject the voice of the Lord is, Be still, and know that I am God!”
--Letter to Edward Partridge, 10 December 1833

3. “Zion shall yet live though she seemeth to be dead.”
--Letter to the Church in Caldwell County, 16 December 1838

4. “And as to yourself if you want to know how much I want to see you, examine your feelings, how much you want to see me, and judge for yourself, I would gladly walk from here to you barefoot, and bareheaded, and half naked, to see you and think it great pleasure, and never count it toil.”
--Letter to Emma Smith, 4 April 1839

5. “Mormons can testify whether I am willing to lay down my life for a Mormon; If it has been demonstrated that I have been willing to die for a Mormon I am bold to declare before heaven that I am just as ready to die for a Presbyterian, a baptist or any other denomination.”
--Joseph Smith Journal, 9 July 1843
Tuly

Post by Tuly »

Happy Birthday Joseph Smith and uncle Jason.
Tuly

Post by Tuly »

Happy Birthday Joseph Smith Jr. and Uncle Jason
Joseph Smith Jr. is an important part of my testimony of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. He has restored this church in its fullness and I'm forever grateful for all the blessings that our family has received from that contribution.
Tuly

Post by Tuly »

Happy Birthday Joseph Smith and uncle Jason - we don't worship Joseph Smith but I certainly will acknowledge him as the prophet of the Restoration of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.