The Name of the Team

A forum for those with superhuman strength, superior mental power, and other supernatural abilities.
Edward

Post by Edward »

So, you've all had a year to think about it. Any ideas?
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us"
:gandalf2:
Tuly

Post by Tuly »

o.k so pansies is not good. How about The Exclamations or The Gerunds ( you would have to know your grammar to know what that means, let alone what i mean). The Seekers? The Adventurers. :wink: o.k I'll keep trying - do we have a mission statement? Motto?
"Condemn me not because of mine imperfection,... but rather give thanks unto God that he hath made manifest unto you our imperfections, that ye may learn to be more wise than we have been." Mormon 9:31
Steve

Post by Steve »

We have a Mott -- close enough?
When God can do what he will with a man, the man may do what he will with the world.     ~George MacDonald
Edward

Post by Edward »

Only for some of us. :frown:
Angela

Post by Angela »

I still like "The Inevitables".
Although "The Pansies" is a close second. What about "The Tulips" or "The Dandelions"?
Ooh, ooh, What about "The Foodies" or "The Ice Cream Team"? And you could each have a secret double identity names like "Tutti Fruitti" or "Cherry Garcia" or "Phish Food" or my personal favorite "Chubby Hubby" Ah Ben & Jerry's...... I mean superheros.
Lily

Post by Lily »

Mmmm...the Ice Cream Team. I like it!
Steve

Post by Steve »

Even the diehard comics fans can't really find fault with "The Ice Cream Team." Who doesn't like ice cream?! :drool:
When God can do what he will with a man, the man may do what he will with the world.     ~George MacDonald
Edward

Re: The Name of the Team

Post by Edward »

I can find fault in that. This is a team! We need a name that announces our might to the world! And enough with the in - whatever names. It's been almost two years, and we have no name?!?!? What's wrong with us?
Edward

Post by Edward »

What about an acronym? Like HUNT: the Huntington Undercover Nameless Team, or whatever words you can think of. Anybody have anything better to suggest? I'm starting to get more solid things going and I want all the information I can get. Let's get a real name here guys!
Ian
Site Admin

Post by Ian »

that's a pretty good idea, though i think i would prefer H.U.N.T., kind of like S.H.I.E.L.D. i like the way it looks with periods.
so let it be written... so let it be done.
Angela

Post by Angela »

I know, I know... hows about the Goofy Goober Club?! You can even have a theme song. Oh man, no matter what name is finalized, you should have an awesome theme song! Let's see, how about the Super Duper Association, or the Good Side, or the Really Really Cool People Team, or M.A.S.H - Most Awesome Super Heros.
Tuly

Post by Tuly »

How about F.A.S.T. - Forever Achieving Super Traits? :wink:
"Condemn me not because of mine imperfection,... but rather give thanks unto God that he hath made manifest unto you our imperfections, that ye may learn to be more wise than we have been." Mormon 9:31
Edward

Post by Edward »

Gee Mom, F.A.S.T. is, um, cute, but it almost sounds like a youth conference theme. I like H.U.N.T.; I noticed that by making it an acronym, it suddenly moves beyond just being a band of heroes and acquires a stronger sense of organization and officiality. But the words which form the name need to sound good together and make sense - it can't seem like we just found anything that would fit into the title. The Hostile and Unknown Nemises Trackers? The Heroes UnNaturally Talented? Heroes Utilizing Natural Talents? The Huntington Undercover Nexus Team? I kind of like that one since it has Huntington in it. Oh, and I'm designing a team logo too. It should be pretty cool!
Last edited by Edward on Sun Oct 12, 2008 12:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Steve

Post by Steve »

So it's two teams then? Best part is, M.O.T.T. can be both an acronym and the full name. Sweet.
Edward

Post by Edward »

What does M.O.T.T. stand for? Maybe HUNTMOTT? Or MOTTHUNT? Either way it kind of puts you as a target. Maybe something else. :lol: