The Name of the Team

A forum for those with superhuman strength, superior mental power, and other supernatural abilities.
Ian
Site Admin

Re: The Name of the Team

Post by Ian »

unfortunately, I.A.N. is taken. it's the interactive autism network. i'm not kidding, see for yourself: http://ianproject.org/
so let it be written... so let it be done.
Edward

Post by Edward »

Why on Earth would we ever name our team I.A.N.? It's not even your birthday anymore, you mind-bending tyrant!
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us"
:gandalf2:
Edward

Post by Edward »

And I mean that in the best possible way. :mrgreen:
Edward

Post by Edward »

What about Organization H.U.N.T -- Huntington Undercover Nexus Team? In case you're wondering about the word nexus . . .

Nexus* -
▸ noun: a connected series or group
▸ noun: the means of connection between things linked in series

I think it's perfect! Any objections?

*definition taken from www.onelook.com
Tuly

Post by Tuly »

Well, you know inside your heart you know it's true :wink:
"Condemn me not because of mine imperfection,... but rather give thanks unto God that he hath made manifest unto you our imperfections, that ye may learn to be more wise than we have been." Mormon 9:31
Edward

Post by Edward »

Wha . . . what do I know is true? The name of the team? So, is that a yes? I like it, that's for sure. Anybody else?
Angela

Post by Angela »

edward, isn't "Huntington Undercover Nexus Team" redundant? If Nexus means group then you're just calling yourselves the huntington undercover group team.
Edward

Post by Edward »

Um . . . so, uh, anybody have any suggestions for what the T can stand for? :D
Edward

Post by Edward »

And can we finally get the pictures up soon? People are itching to see them up here! :mrgreen:
Angela

Post by Angela »

May I just make one other suggestion... nothing too long. It's just going to sound ridiculous.

p.s. Ian says we're too busy to upload pics because of Proposition 8.
Tuly

Post by Tuly »

o.k how about this - B.O.M.B. Book Of Mormon Brigade or F.H.E. Finding Heroes Everywhere :starwars:
"Condemn me not because of mine imperfection,... but rather give thanks unto God that he hath made manifest unto you our imperfections, that ye may learn to be more wise than we have been." Mormon 9:31
Edward

Post by Edward »

Tuly wrote:. . . B.O.M.B. Book Of Mormon Brigade or F.H.E. Finding Heroes Everywhere . . .
:giveup:

Mom I think you've been in the primary too long. We need a super name not a spiritual theme!
Bryn

Post by Bryn »

How about just Nexus (with a capital "N"). It's short, it's uncommon, it's phonetically appealing, and it seems more undercover. Acronyms somehow remind me of government agencies and special interest groups.
Widerstehe doch der Sünde
Ian
Site Admin

Post by Ian »

i think that before you can come up with a name, you need to figure out what your team is all about. for example the justice league is all about protecting justice, the x-men are outcasts from society, etc. the name should reflect the purpose or nature of the team. so what is your puny little band of losers all about, anyway? do you have a stated goal or motto or something?

here are some ideas for you guys:

the buttercream gang
rebels without a clue
team girl squad
dumbledoof's army
the california amazin's
M.O.M. (mormons on a mission)
the space children
so let it be written... so let it be done.
Edward

Post by Edward »

Ha ha ha. Very NOT FUNNY. Here's how I see our purpose:

Our team is dedicated to protecting the world from those who would use their abilities to conquer it, be those supernatural powers or the machinations of evil men and women. We have been blessed with powers beyond those of common humanity, and regard it as our privilege to use them to combat the evil and inhumane actions of those who threaten both the free and the good. Ultimately, we seek to establish peace and prosperity so that we can use our powers to serve the world, bettering it through the unique talents we possess. We firmly believe and understand that those who use their powers to pursue their own selfish ambitions hinder others from using their gifts for good, just as they hinder the free and noble progression of mankind. As supernaturally gifted individuals, it is our duty to battle those evils which we, though our powers, can prevent. As long as we can combat their sinister and insidious ways, we feel it is our responsibility to do so. Thus, our organization is at the disposal of any government, organization, people or individual whose need is just, though we maintain no official connection to any save those which we choose to establish. We are not exclusively contracted to any entity but our own. Nevertheless, we are loyal and law-abiding citizens, and will labor for any cause which is good and equitable, especially those sacred laws which have been established to preserve the freedom and dignity of man. We will protect the people and preserve peace and justice, and our body is commited to the perpetuity of virtue in whatever lands we dwell.
Last edited by Edward on Mon Oct 27, 2008 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.