Lost Cities of Ancient America

All registered users can post here.
roberthuntington

Lost Cities of Ancient America

Post by roberthuntington »

If one might be interested, Google "Lost Cities of Ancient America". Interest points are: 1) buried cities in Ohio, near St. Louis, New York and other cities in the U.S.,2) these buried cities are over 2,000 year's old and the size of ancient Rome and London, 3)Newly discovered DNA from the Cherokee Nation traces back to Galilee.
The gaveyard, in one of the lost cities in Ohio, turned out an oak coffin with a skeleton holding a small sealed box. In the box was found a small black stone with inscriptions no one at that time recognized or could decipher. Later, and old rabbi determined the hyroglifics to be a form of ancient hebrew. He deciphered the hyroglifics to be a complete set of the "Ten Commandments"!

Nephites anyone?

Bob Huntington
Ian
Site Admin

Re: Lost Cities of Ancient America

Post by Ian »

thanks for posting this. i've always been curious about ancient american civilizations. i haven't studied all the archaeological and scientific evidences of the book of mormon, but i know for certain that it is a real record of ancient america, and that joseph smith's account of its origin is true. i've never doubted that. the more i read it the more i know it's true.
The ancient record from which it was translated came out of the earth as a voice speaking from the dust. It came as the testimony of generations of men and women who lived their lives upon the earth, who struggled with adversity, who quarreled and fought, who at various times lived the divine law and prospered and at other times forsook their God and went down to destruction. It contains what has been described as the fifth Gospel, a moving testament of the new world concerning the visit of the resurrected Redeemer on the soil of this hemisphere.

The evidence for its truth, for its validity in a world that is prone to demand evidence, lies not in archaeology or anthropology, though these may be helpful to some. It lies not in word research or historical analysis, though these may be confirmatory. The evidence for its truth and validity lies within the covers of the book itself. The test of its truth lies in reading it. It is a book of God. Reasonable men may sincerely question its origin; but those who have read it prayerfully have come to know by a power beyond their natural senses that it is true, that it contains the word of God, that it outlines saving truths of the everlasting gospel, that it came forth by the gift and power of God "to the convincing of the Jew and Gentile that Jesus is the Christ." (Book of Mormon title page.)

It is here. It must be explained. It can be explained only as the translator himself explained its origin. Hand in hand with the Bible, whose companion volume it is, it stands as another witness to a doubting generation that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of the living God. It is an unassailable cornerstone of our faith.

President Gordon B. Hinckley, "The Cornerstones of Our Faith," Ensign, November 1984, p. 52.
so let it be written... so let it be done.