Alexandra Stoddard - Interior Designer

Discuss and review your favorite books here.
Tuly

Alexandra Stoddard - Interior Designer

Post by Tuly »

I have read three of Stoddard's books - Living a Beautiful Life - 500 Ways to Add Elegance, Order, Beauty, and Joy to Every Day of Your Life. Creating a Beautiful Home and Gift of a Letter. I guess in many ways she has been my inspiration of turning a house into a home. The love of fresh flowers and other details like the use of mirrors have been inspired by Stoddard. I guess our home will never embrace the minimalist philosophy in interior design. We love what we have created and the beauty that our home represents. And Alexandra Stoddard is a great inspiration for beautifying a home.

Here is her blog -

http://www.alexandrastoddard.com/library.asp

I loved this thought from her Creating a Beautiful Home -

"For me, home is the coming together of my past memories and experiences, of my love for my children, husband, and friends; my love of nature and beauty; my love of life and belief in continuity; my optimism tangibly expressed in life enhancing ways - room by room - and of the tender appreciation that no matter how much of myself I put into this home, I, like everyone on earth, am a temporary guest. We all have one chance and then it is too late. To make, while we can, our home a sacred place seems to me the greatest challenge and opportunity of a lifetime."
"Condemn me not because of mine imperfection,... but rather give thanks unto God that he hath made manifest unto you our imperfections, that ye may learn to be more wise than we have been." Mormon 9:31