ELECTRONIC MAFIA! - Game no. 1

All registered users can post here.
arxpoetica

Post by arxpoetica »

ah ha ha ha!!!

Alex killed me...I'd forgotten to pay attention to the board. I was the mafia!!!

And somehow I died. This has me totally confused.
“It is the duty of a Saint of God to gain all the influence he can on this earth, and to use every particle of that influence to do good. If this is not his duty, I do not understand what the duty of man is.” — Brigham Young
Cousin Alex Hall

Post by Cousin Alex Hall »

Dead people don't speak, the identities of MAFIA victims are not disclosed, and what they may seem to say may be regarded as true or false or anything in between. And the MAFIA doesn't kill people, I do. Erm.. I mean, I don't kill people, the MAFIA does. And they just put a few more bullets in your corpse, Pablo.

The next execution will be at 8:30 pm California time/7:30 pm Utah. You may continue to discuss.
You refer to the prophecy of the pastry that will bring Balance to the Force. And you believe it's this.. Donut?
Our possibly neglected blog - My blog of probably mostly my art
Lili

Post by Lili »

so wait, does that make the game over? Was there just one mafia?
And wouldn't it be 6:30 pm Cali time if it's 7:30 Utah time?
"I feel strongly that the visual arts are of vast importance. Of course, I could be prejudiced. I am a visual art!"
-Kermit the Frog
Cousin Alex Hall

Sorry folks, I forgot to post the execution last night.

As Tuly nominated herself, and was the only nomination, TULY HAS BEEN EXECUTED. Tuly was a Citizen. She will be dearly remembered for her mindless self-sacrifice.

There are now three players remaining. 'Lil has just joined, so it is known that she is a Citizen. The other two players are Betsy and Emma, and their identities are not known, but one of them is the Mafioso.

We will now proceed to the Mafia round. The Mafioso will send a private note to me as to whom they will MURDER - Mafioso, use this [link]
You refer to the prophecy of the pastry that will bring Balance to the Force. And you believe it's this.. Donut?
Tuly

Post by Tuly »

Yeah, I know the dead can't talk, but I can still haunt you. :twisted:
"Condemn me not because of mine imperfection,... but rather give thanks unto God that he hath made manifest unto you our imperfections, that ye may learn to be more wise than we have been." Mormon 9:31
Cousin Alex Hall

:lol:

More bullets in your corpse.
Lili

Post by Lili »

So I'm in the game, huh.
Well this is hard because I can't see the guilt in Betsy's or Emma's eyes...
But I did have Betsy over for dinner on Sunday and she looked pretty innocent to me. So I therefore think that Emma must be mafia. Wanna vote her out with me, Betsy? Or do you have a pretty smashing defense, Emma?
The end
"I feel strongly that the visual arts are of vast importance. Of course, I could be prejudiced. I am a visual art!"
-Kermit the Frog
Betsy

Post by Betsy »

lili, you really are so good at this game, and im not just saying that.

I vote to kill off the mafia aka emma.
Tuly

Post by Tuly »

I told you I would come to haunt you...Happy Birthday Lili :happybirthday:
"Condemn me not because of mine imperfection,... but rather give thanks unto God that he hath made manifest unto you our imperfections, that ye may learn to be more wise than we have been." Mormon 9:31
Lili

Post by Lili »

Thanks!
(Now...kill me, Mafia, I dare you!) ;)
-Kermit the Frog
Cousin Alex Hall

And now for a brief musical interlude..
Cousin Alex Hall

The order has been issued and LILI HAS BEEN MURDERED BY THE MAFIA. Lili was a citizen, which we all already knew.

Formally, we are now at the voting round, to discuss who is to be executed by democratic vote next. There are two players left, Betsy and Emma. One of them is the Mafioso and another is not.

There is a possibility the vote for execution will be a deadlock and that this game is a stalemate. Or anything could happen. I'll wait for the votes.

Or others who have not previously joined this game could join, be known citizens, and wield tie-breaking votes :twisted:

The time of the next execution is tomorrow, October 26th, at 6:30 California time/7:30 Utah time.
Betsy

Post by Betsy »

Oh great.
Cousin Alex Hall

Um, I've realized that technically, I think I may need two formal opposing votes on who is to be executed to declare a stalemate - and even then, that would only mean no nomination is made and so there is no execution, and then we just go to the mafia round.. wherein lies danger of the only remaining person who is not the Mafia being MURDERED.

For that realization, I'm deferring the time of execution to the same time, tomorrow, the 27th.

Put up your votes. Debate. Who is who? Make your nominations. No, you living people, not the dead :twisted:

Death may be inevitable in this fatalistic game - it's only a matter of who.
Betsy

Post by Betsy »

Okay, I get very confused every time people play this game and get to the end where there is one citizen and one mafia. Nobody can outvote the other, so Emma's just gonna have to kill me because I have nobody to back me up in voting to kill off Emma. This game should have ended when it got down to the two of us, right? Unless Emma chooses to kill herself.....which is highly unlikely.....

This game bites......