Brian Jacques (1939 - 2011)

Discuss and review your favorite books here.
Tuly

Brian Jacques (1939 - 2011)

Post by Tuly »

I have fond memories reading Jaques' Redwall series. I loved his talking animals and their adventures in medieval times. Here is a a quote from Anastasia Suen remembering Jaques.
A truck driver delivering milk read his own stories to children at a school for the blind, and his childhood English teacher sent them to a publisher without asking. That is how the stories of Redwall began, a storytelling legacy that ended with the death of author Brian Jacques (pronounced “jakes”) last month.

Jacques’ descriptive writing style draws readers into a world of talking animals who risk life and limb to save their medieval existence. The stakes are always high, and the food is always described in great detail. Luckily for us, Jacques compiled the recipes from his books in The Redwall Cookbook. For children who are unfamiliar with the series, the way to their hearts might be through their stomachs, with an introductory morsel like “Rosey’s Jolly Raspberry Jelly Rock Cakes.”
"Condemn me not because of mine imperfection,... but rather give thanks unto God that he hath made manifest unto you our imperfections, that ye may learn to be more wise than we have been." Mormon 9:31
Ian
Site Admin

Re: Brian Jacques (1939 - 2011)

Post by Ian »

still haven't read redwall, but i plan to.
so let it be written... so let it be done.